Recruiting for a Mental Health Specialist Support Worker to join our Kent Service. This will be based across Tunbridge wells, Tonbridge and Sevenoaks.
GBP 21,500 per annum plus 25 days Annual Leave, Pension schemes, Staff discounts, healthcare and more. This role is working 40 hours per week.
Look Ahead operates trauma and psychologically informed approaches, ensuring that our customers benefit from being supported through strengths-based practices. Specialist Support Workers share responsibility by ensuring that a holistic and cohesive model of customer support is embedded across Kent.
Specialist Support Workers within Look Ahead are required to have either an extra dimension of experience or a higher qualification level as determined relevant for the particular post. Specialist Support Workers provide information, social inclusion and vocational opportunities to support people to recover and stay well; exercise choice and control in their care and lives; and participate on an equal footing in the community. Support is also provided to develop a model of reablement towards self-advocacy, self-management and empowerment, incorporating the principles and practice of recovery, co-production and peer support.
- Building open and supportive, trusting relationships with customers and creating a positive atmosphere
- Providing guidance for colleagues that are working with clients displaying signs of serious mental health issues
- Carrying out holistic assessments of new customers who display signs of serious mental health issues or who have been previously diagnosed with mental health conditions which incorporate relevant statutory referral information
- Conducting regular key work sessions that are innovative and engaging in order to achieve Support Plan goals with a defined group of customers displaying signs of serious mental health conditions
- Create support plans for providing appropriate services based on on-going assessment and reflecting the services and resources available to enable customer to progress in their recovery
- Ensuring ongoing assessment and management of risks associated with customers within an attitude of 'positive risk taking'
- Provide support and access to relevant services to enable customers to continue their recovery and empower customers to self-manage their medication regimes through individual reablement programmes and informed decision making
- Undertake support work in partnership with external stakeholders to compliment their interventions
- Developing productive relationships with partner organisations to improve service outcomes
- Demonstrate strong commitment to the functioning of the staff team and to support colleagues in providing a high level of service and safety to customers
- Involving customers in the design, development and delivery of the service
- Adhering to lone working protocols and maintaining high levels of awareness in relation to the health and safety of yourself, colleagues and hostel buildings
- Ensuring Look Ahead Health and Safety policies and local protocols are adhered to at all times e.g. fire risk assessments, fire alarm checks etc
- Being responsible for the handover of key information between shifts
- Provide structured support and guidance to other front line staff in their area of expertise
- To lead groups and activities - offering a range of appropriate therapeutic and recovery focused interactions and activities
- Adhering to all other Look Ahead's policies and procedures. Engaging in learning and development activity to increase knowledge and skills
- Engage positively in reflective practice sessions with colleagues
- Undertaking any other duties consistent with the grade and nature of the post as assigned by the Team Leader/ Manager
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- NVQ Level 2/3 or equivalent with some previous relevant sector work experience
- Full Driving Licence and access to use of vehicle
- Mental Health First Aid or willingness to work towards the qualification
For full job description, please visit the Look Ahead website.
More about Look Ahead Care and Support
Posted on: 13 November 2019
Closed date: 11 December 2019
Job ref: REQ001485
Tags: Support Worker