Recruiting a Support Worker to join our Service in Tunbridge wells, Tonbridge and Sevenoaks!
£23,000 per annum, 40 hours per week plus 25 days Annual Leave, Pension schemes, Staff discounts, healthcare and more.
Tunbridge wells is a 5 bed shared accommodation supporting those with low to medium support needs and our Tonbridge service is 6 bed shared accommodation supporting those with low to medium support needs.
Look Ahead operates trauma and psychologically informed approaches, ensuring that our customers benefit from being supported through strengths-based practices. Specialist Support Workers share responsibility by ensuring that a holistic and cohesive model of customer support is embedded across Kent.
Specialist Support Workers within Look Ahead are required to have either an extra dimension of experience or a higher qualification level as determined relevant for the particular post. Specialist Support Workers provide information, social inclusion and vocational opportunities to support people to recover and stay well; exercise choice and control in their care and lives; and participate on an equal footing in the community. Support is also provided to develop a model of re-enablement towards self-advocacy, self-management and empowerment, incorporating the principles and practice of recovery, co-production and peer support.
- Building open and supportive, trusting relationships with customers and creating a positive atmosphere
- Providing guidance for colleagues that are working with clients displaying signs of serious mental health issues
- Carrying out holistic assessments of new customers who display signs of serious mental health issues or who have been previously diagnosed with mental health conditions which incorporate relevant statutory referral information
- Conducting regular key work sessions that are innovative and engaging in order to achieve Support Plan goals with a defined group of customers displaying signs of serious mental health conditions.
- Create support plans for providing appropriate services based on on-going assessment and reflecting the services and resources available to enable customer to progress in their recovery
- Ensuring ongoing assessment and management of risks associated with customers within an attitude of 'positive risk taking'
- Provide support and access to relevant services to enable customers to continue their recovery and empower customers to self-manage their medication regimes through individual re-enablement programmes and informed decision making
- Undertake support work in partnership with external stakeholders to compliment their interventions
- Developing productive relationships with partner organisations to improve service outcomes
- Demonstrate strong commitment to the functioning of the staff team and to support colleagues in providing a high level of service and safety to customers
- Involving customers in the design, development and delivery of the service
- Adhering to lone working protocols and maintaining high levels of awareness in relation to the health and safety of yourself, colleagues and hostel buildings
- Ensuring Look Ahead Health and Safety policies and local protocols are adhered to at all times e.g. fire risk assessments, fire alarm checks etc
This is not an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time and is subject to change in accordance with the needs of Look Ahead.
- Enjoys social interaction and the company of others, joins in local activities to encourage customer involvement
- Exudes a warm friendly presence and open behaviour
- Prefers working as part of a group or team
- Is fundamentally calm and resilient, does not let emotion adversely affect them or obscure their judgement
- Has a practical and logical mind and is naturally well organised
- Thrives on change and enjoys dynamic diverse environments
- Is confident with high levels of self-esteem
- Is respectful, articulate and sensitive in style of communication
- Is motivated towards excellence and improvement of personal performance with a can do attitude
- Ability to cope positively with challenging and diverse behaviour
- Demonstrates a desire for continuous professional development
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- NVQ Level 2/3 or equivalent with some previous relevant sector work experience
- Mental Health First Aid or willingness to work towards the qualification
- Full Driving Licence and access to use of vehicle
Interviews are taking place 22nd March 2021.
For more information or to apply please visit our website.