Recruiting for a Support Workers to join our Learning Disabilities service in Redbourn!
GBP 18,720 per annum, 40 hours per week plus 25 days Annual Leave, Pension schemes, Staff discounts, healthcare and more
Linden Road provides 24-hour support to two customers in Redbourn. Supported living registered care, these gentlemen have learning disabilities and Autism, requiring a high level of support and care to meet their individual needs. The service comprises of two bungalows with offices and sleep in rooms for staff, located near Redbourn village, close to Harpenden and St Albans. Linden Road in Redbourn supports 2 gentlemen living in their own bungalows with everyday life skills. The service provides a 24/7 support service, with an emphasis on choice and control, enabling customers to achieve greater independence, improved quality of life and integration into the wider community.We are looking some someone who is able to build supportive, trusting relationships with customers and create a positive atmosphere. You need to be able to provide a flexible, personalised and responsive support service that is tailored to each customer's abilities and aspirations. This will include a willingness to work evenings, weekends and bank holidays on a rota basis. Customers need support with daily living activities, including practical assistance, cooking, feeding, cleaning and personal care. The role will also require you to maintain appropriate records to a professional standard in accordance with Look Ahead's policies and procedures. If you have experience working with and motivating customers whilst being calm and resilient to challenging behaviour, then please apply for this role.
- This is not an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time and is subject to change in accordance with the needs of Look Ahead.
- Building supportive, trusting relationships with customers and creating a positive atmosphere
- To provide a flexible and responsive support service that is tailored to each customer's abilities and aspirations.
- Providing personalised support with daily living activities, including practical assistance to support customers to independent living
- Supporting customers to maintain a healthy environment, including cleaning their accommodation and maintaining good personal hygiene
- Willingness to drive the customers' Motability vehicles on a 1/2/3 to 1 basis, however a driving license is not essential
- To maintain appropriate records to a professional standard in accordance with Look Ahead's policies and procedures
- Ensuring Look Ahead Health and Safety policies are adhered to at all time and to uphold all health and safety responsibilities within relevant policies and local protocols
- Adhering to all other Look Ahead's policies and procedures
- Undertaking any other duties consistent with the grade and nature of the post as assigned by the Team Leader/ Manager
This is not an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time and is subject to change in accordance with the needs of Look Ahead.
- Exudes a warm friendly presence and open behaviour
- Is respectful, articulate and sensitive in style of communication
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Excellent customer relationship management and ability to lone work
- Proven experience of motivating and supporting customers
- Is fundamentally calm and resilient, does not let emotion adversely affect them or obscure their judgement
- Is motivated towards excellence and improvement of personal performance with a can do attitude
- Ability to cope positively with challenging and diverse behaviour
- The ability to think creatively to work with the staff team to provide a variety of community activities for our customers
- A willingness to work evenings, weekends and bank holidays on a rota basis.
- A willingness support the customers in various community activities, such as swimming, walking, going to the church etc.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- NVQ Level 2 or equivalent or experience within charity/social care sector
- Experience in working with people with Learning Disabilities and Autism
- Driver with own car
Please note that we have the right to close any vacancy before the advertised closing date if we have received a high number of applications.
If your application for this role is unsuccessful, but we feel that you would be suitable for another role, we may contact you to discuss alternative opportunities. If this occurs you would not need to submit another application for the alternative role.