Recruiting a Support Worker (Part Time) to join our Homelessness and Complex Needs service in Tower Hamlets!
GBP 11,000 per annum plus 25 days Annual Leave, Pension schemes, Staff discounts, healthcare and more
This role is a 20 hour per week.
The new young people's service in Hounslow supports young people with medium to high and complex needs including looked after children, care leavers and teenage parents across 6 sites. Support is provided by support workers and specialist workers, aiming to achieve the very best outcomes including tenancy sustainment, ETE, enhancing life skills, managing mental health and emotional wellbeing and a successful move on from the service with greater independence, confidence and resilience. To enable vulnerable people living in a variety of different tenures to manage their tenancies/ licences and move towards greater independence within the community by providing a flexible and individually tailored support package.
- Undertake key-working responsibilities for a caseload assigned by the Team Leader/ Manager
- Undertake initial and continuous assessment of needs and potential risks and agree levels of support and actions
- Create support/action plans for providing appropriate services based on the assessment and reflecting the services and resources available
- Support customers to undertake all domestic tasks wherever possible, including practical assistance where they have not yet developed the skills, to ensure customers enjoy a high quality of accommodation
- Develop and maintain links with all key agencies and service providers in the local community
- Empower customers to ensure they receive the service and benefits they are entitled to
- Undertake all administrative work and keep accurate and comprehensive tenant/customer records to professional standards
- Encourage and enable tenants to pay their rent and to ensure that rent accounts are managed effectively in conjunction with the Housing Management team
- Ensure that referrals are chased proactively so that properties which can be used to house those in need are filled as efficiently as possible
- Adhere to Look Ahead's Policies and Procedures
- Engage in learning and development activity to increase knowledge and skills
- Undertake any other duties consistent with the grade and nature of the post as may be reasonably assigned
This is not an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time and is subject to change in accordance with the needs of Look Ahead.
- Enjoys social interaction and the company of others, joins in local activities to encourage customer involvement
- Approachable and open behaviour
- Prefers working as part of a group or team
- Is fundamentally calm and resilient, does not let emotion adversely affect them or obscure their judgement
- Has a practical and logical mind and is naturally well organised
- Open to feedback and self development
- Thrives on change and enjoys dynamic diverse environments
- Is confident with high levels of self-esteem
- Is respectful, articulate and sensitive in style of communication
- Is essentially customer-focused
- Is motivated towards excellence and improvement of personal performance with a can do attitude
- Ability to cope positively with challenging and diverse behaviours
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Up to NVQ Level 2/3 or equivalent or experience in the social care/charity sector
- Experience working in homelessness
Please note that we have the right to close any vacancy before the advertised closing date if we have received a high number of applications.
If your application for this role is unsuccessful, but we feel that you would be suitable for another role, we may contact you to discuss alternative opportunities. If this occurs you would not need to submit another application for the alternative role.