Recruiting for a Support Worker to join our Homelessnes and Complex Needs Service in Gravesend.
GBP 20,000 per annum plus 25 days Annual Leave, Pension schemes, Staff discounts, healthcare and more. This role is working 40 hours per week.
Look Ahead operates trauma and psychologically informed approaches, ensuring that our customers benefit from being supported through strengths-based practices. Support Workers share responsibility by ensuring that a holistic and cohesive model of customer support is embedded across Kent. To enable vulnerable people living in a variety of different tenures to manage their tenancies/ licences and move towards greater independence within the community by providing a flexible and individually tailored support package.
- Undertake key-working responsibilities for a caseload assigned by the Team Leader/ Manager
- Undertake initial and continuous assessment of needs and potential risks and agree levels of support and actions
- Create support/action plans for providing appropriate services based on the assessment and reflecting the services and resources available
- Support customers to undertake all domestic tasks wherever possible, including practical assistance where they have not yet developed the skills, to ensure customers enjoy a high quality of accommodation
- Develop and maintain links with all key agencies and service providers in the local community
- Empower customers to ensure they receive the service and benefits they are entitled to
- Undertake all administrative work and keep accurate and comprehensive tenant/customer records to professional standards
- Encourage and enable tenants to pay their rent and to ensure that rent accounts are managed effectively in conjunction with the Housing Management team
- Ensure that referrals are chased proactively so that properties which can be used to house those in need are filled as efficiently as possible
- Adhere to Look Ahead's Policies and Procedures
- Engage in learning and development activity to increase knowledge and skills
- Engage positively in reflective practice sessions with colleagues.
- Undertake any other duties consistent with the grade and nature of the post as may be reasonably assigned
- Enjoys social interaction and the company of others, joins in local activities to encourage customer involvement
- Approachable and open behaviour
- Prefers working as part of a group or team
- Is fundamentally calm and resilient, does not let emotion adversely affect them or obscure their judgement
- Has a practical and logical mind and is naturally well organised
- Open to feedback and self development
- Thrives on change and enjoys dynamic diverse environments
- Is confident with high levels of self-esteem
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Up to NVQ Level 2/3 or equivalent or experience in the social care/charity sector working with complex need clients
- Good IT/digital skills
- Experience working in homelessness or with complex needs
- Experience of dealing with other agencies
- Full Driving Licence and access to use of vehicle
- Knowledge of trauma and psychologically informed approaches i.e. Psychologically Informed Environments and Trauma Informed Care
- Good Literacy and Numeracy skills
- Problem solving skills
- Good listening skills
- Strong communication skills
- Good writing skills
- Strong organisation and time management skills
- The ability to show initiative
The interviews are expected to take place on 2nd December 2019.
For the full job description, please visit the Look Ahead website.
More about Look Ahead Care and Support
Posted on: 18 November 2019
Closed date: 16 December 2019
Job ref: REQ001492
Tags: Support Worker