Recruiting for a Support Worker to join our Mental Health Service in Hackney.
GBP 21,944 per annum plus 25 days Annual Leave, Pension schemes, Staff discounts, healthcare and more. This role is working 40 hours per week.
Clarence Road is home to 15 customers with a history of severe and enduring mental health needs - typically older people of diverse ethnic groups and cultures, with long term mental health needs and learning disabilities. The service includes staff working waking nights and sleep ins, some of the customers needs support with personal care. Customers have the opportunity to gain work experience at one of Look Ahead's many projects, as well as benefitting from information and advice about local employment and training resources.
Clarence Road is a CQC registered care home, which has a heavy focus on supporting customers with enduring mental health care and elderly needs. We provide 24 hour high support to 15 customers both female and male. Our building is a purpose-built home on three floors, offering customers individual bedrooms and the use of shared communal facilities and garden. The service is commissioned by East London Foundation Trust with the care contribution from London Borough of Hackney.
As a Support Worker you will have a caseload assigned to you, and will play an integral role in developing effective support and risk management plans. You will also support customers with all aspects of their day to day living including; social and physical activities, medication, shopping, personal care, meal time assistance and managing finances.
Support Worker's will provide support to customers to help them develop the life skills they require to meet the assessed needs of the customers of the service. In some services, this will include providing physical, domestic, emotional and social care. They will work with customers to promote social inclusion and alongside other members of the team to promote independent living, encouraging customers to maximise their skills and choices. Support Workers will have a caseload of customers, for which they are responsible.
- Undertake key-working responsibilities for a caseload assigned by the Team Leader/ Manager
- Undertake initial and continuous assessment of needs and potential risks and agree levels of support and actions
- Create support/action plans for providing appropriate services based on the assessment and reflecting the services and resources available
- Support customers with dignity and respect in all aspects of their day to day living including; social and physical activities, medication, shopping, personal care, meal time assistance and managing finances
- Support customers to undertake all domestic tasks wherever possible, including practical assistance where they have not yet developed the skills, to ensure customers enjoy a high quality of accommodation
- Develop and maintain links with all key agencies and service providers in the local community
- Empower customers to ensure they receive the service and benefits they are entitled to
- Undertake all administrative work and keep accurate and comprehensive tenant/customer records to professional standards
- Ensure that referrals are chased proactively so that properties which can be used to house those in need are filled as efficiently as possible
- Adhere to Look Ahead's Policies and Procedures
- Engage in learning and development activity to increase knowledge and skills
- Undertake any other duties consistent with the grade and nature of the post as may be reasonably assigned
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Up to NVQ Level 2/3 or equivalent or experience in the social care/charity sector
- Experience working in mental health
- Experience working in a CQC registered care setting
- Experience of delivering personal care / assistance
For the full job description, please visit the Look Ahead website.
More about Look Ahead Care and Support
Posted on: 03 December 2019
Closed date: 31 December 2019
Job ref: REQ001527
Tags: Social Work