Recruiting for a Support Workers to join our Homelessness Service in Westminster.
£21,944 per annum, working 40 hours per week plus 25 days Annual Leave, Pension schemes, Staff discounts, healthcare and more.
Edward Alsop Court (EAC) is a psychologically informed (PIE) service for homeless men with a range of support needs who require on-site support to stabilise, and engage with treatment services before moving. This includes health, mobility, alcohol dependency, mental health and care needs. The PIE model at EAC promotes a reflective approach to support and staff training to understand the psychology behind people's behaviours. Specialist support is provided around re-offending behaviour, mental health issues, and substance misuse. Edward Alsop Court implements and promotes supporting customers out of homelessness, particularly those with complex trauma or a diagnosis of personality disorder.
The service sits in the heart of Westminster. Westminster is a high profile borough, with extensive network partners in ending homelessness and understanding of the needs of entrenched rough sleepers. Westminster offers extensive training opportunities and the service provides good work experience for psychology or social worker graduates. Edward Alsop Court Hostel works in partnerships with Westminster Council, The Passage, The Connection at St.Martin's, St.Mungo's, Turning Point, CGL, SLAM and other specialised services. The team works closely with each resident to secure appropriate longer term accommodation from the beginning of their stay.
The post holder will work at Edward Alsop Court Hostel a support accommodation service for men with complex needs supporting men with complex substance use, mental and physical health and offending behaviours, and those who are nearing their end of life. The project offers 24 hour high support providing 79 bed spaces. Support is delivered by a team of Support Workers, Specialist Support Workers and Night Support Workers.
- Undertake key-working responsibilities for a service-user caseload assigned by the Team Leader/Manager
- Empowering and providing holistic support to service-users with high complex needs, specifically; single homeless people with mental health and substance misuse problems, dual diagnosis and forensic histories
- Building working relationships with local authorities, health trusts the local community and local police to support our service-users
- To induct new clients in line with the service policy
- To complete onward referrals to identified move-on and support clients to prepare effectively for move on
- To support and encourage clients to undertake housekeeping and client duties as necessary in order to maintain a clean and safe physical environment
- Reporting safeguarding issues efficiently using Look Ahead protocol policies and procedures
- Providing support with daily living activities, including practical assistance where skills are not yet developed, to ensure that service-users enjoy a high quality of accommodation
- Advising service-users on benefits and financial difficulties
- Conducting face to face interviews and assessments to assess service-users suitability for the service
- Supporting service-users to set personalised goals in the form of a support plan
- Ensuring ongoing assessment and management of risk assessments with service-users
- Involving service-users in the development, design and delivery of the service
- Maintaining service-users rent accounts, and ensuring their rent accounts are managed and kept up to date
- Conducting Health & Safety checks
- Assisting the team in meeting occupancy targets by proactively preparing properties to be re-let
- To ensure that rental income is maximised by filling voids promptly and in line with the service's policy
- To liaise with Housing Benefit and the Department of Work and Pensions to ensure that clients and the Hostel receive all monies due to them
- To maintain a high standard of record keeping and keep all financial and administrative systems up-to-date and in line with policy
- Undertake any other duties consistent with the grade and nature of the post as may be reasonably assigned
- Adhere to Look Ahead's Policies and Procedures
For more information or to apply please visit our website.