Recruiting a Support Worker to join our Young People's service in Tower Hamlets!
£21,944 per annum, plus 25 days Annual Leave, Pension schemes, Staff discounts, healthcare and more.
This role requires working 40 hours per week on a rota basis, including evenings and weekends.
Campbell Road Young Peoples service provides support and housing to 55 young people that are either leaving care or affected by youth homelessness. As a Support Worker you will manage a caseload of approximately 7-10 young people to deliver positive outcomes and support them to reach independence, keep safe and maintain their tenancy's. Aside from Support Workers delivering support there is a strong element of housing management associated wit this role, for example managing rents, raising and monitoring repairs and health and safety.
The issues that affect young people in the service are complex for example many are affected by;
- Domestic & Sexual Abuse
- Leaving Care
- Gang Affiliation
- Mental and Emotional Health Needs
- Substance Use
- Teenage Parenting
- Risk Taking Behaviour
Support Workers will provide support to customers to help them develop the life skills they require to meet the assessed needs of the customers of the service. They will work with customers to promote social inclusion and alongside other members of the team to promote independent living, encouraging customers to maximise their skills and choices.
- Building supportive, trusting relationships with customers
- Working proactively with other members of the team to handle the service caseload and administrative responsibilities
- Supporting key customers to set personalised goals in the form of a Support Plan
- Conducting regular key work sessions that are innovative and engaging in order to achieve Support Plan goals
- Ensuring ongoing assessment and management of risks associated with customers within an attitude of 'positive risk taking'
- Proactively manage risk and safety both in and outside of their physical living environment
- Providing support with daily living activities, including practical assistance where skills are not yet developed, to ensure that customers enjoy a high quality of accommodation
- Proactive development of links with local statutory and voluntary organisations to provide a range of engagement opportunities for customers in the community
- Involving customers in the design, development and delivery of the service
- Empowering customers to ensure they receive the service and benefits they are entitled to
- Encouraging and enabling tenants to pay their rent and ensure that rent accounts are managed effectively
- Ensuring Look Ahead Health and Safety policies are adhered to at all time and to uphold all health and safety responsibilities within relevant policies and local protocols
- Adhering to all other Look Ahead's policies and procedures
- Engaging in learning and development activity to increase knowledge and skills
- Day to day instruction/supervision of Assistant Support Workers/domestic staff/Personal Support Assistants where appropriate
- Undertaking any other duties consistent with the grade and nature of the post as assigned by the Team Leader/Manager
This is not an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time and is subject to change in accordance with the needs of Look Ahead.
- Enjoys social interaction and the company of others, joins in local activities to encourage customer involvement
- Passionate and customer focused to improve outcomes for young people from a range of backgrounds using creative strategies to achieve results
- Highly competent in advocating for young people, working with other professionals to get the best outcomes
- Approachable and open behaviour
- Prefers working as part of a group or team
- Adept in providing support with daily living activities such as budgeting, cooking, or attending appointments in the community
- Committed to supporting young people to maintain a healthy living environment, and where appropriate assisting them to clean their accommodation and maintain good personal hygiene
- Is fundamentally calm and resilient, does not let emotion adversely affect them or obscure their judgement
- Has a practical and logical mind and is naturally well organised to be able to meet deadlines and targets
- Confident to assess and manage risks associated with our customers, with an attitude of positive risk taking
- Flexible with a "can do" attitude
- Open to feedback and self development to achieve in your career
- Thrives on change and enjoys dynamic diverse environments and excited to take on new challenges, including managing and developing various projects across the service
- Is confident with high levels of self-esteem
- Is respectful, articulate and sensitive in style of communication
- Is motivated towards excellence and improvement of personal performance with a can do attitude
- Ability to cope positively with challenging and diverse behaviours
For more information or to apply please visit our website.