Recruiting for two Support Workers to join our Mental Health Service in Croydon.
GBP 21,944 per annum plus 25 days Annual Leave, Pension schemes, Staff discounts, healthcare and more. This role is working 40 hours per week.
Croydon Mental Health services exists to provide supported accommodation for people with a mental health diagnosis as an alternative to inpatient care therefore allowing them to integrate in the community. Croydon Mental Health Service offers varying levels of support (low/medium/high) to adults in the borough of Croydon who have Mental Health support needs.
To enable vulnerable people living in a variety of different tenures to manage their tenancies/ licences and move towards greater independence within the community by providing a flexible and individually tailored support package.
- Undertake key-working responsibilities for a caseload assigned by the Team Leader/ Manager
- Undertake initial and continuous assessment of needs and potential risks and agree levels of support and actions
- Create support/action plans for providing appropriate services based on the assessment and reflecting the services and resources available
- Support customers to undertake all domestic tasks wherever possible, including practical assistance where they have not yet developed the skills, to ensure customers enjoy a high quality of accommodation
- Develop and maintain links with all key agencies and service providers in the local community
- Empower customers to ensure they receive the service and benefits they are entitled to
- Undertake all administrative work and keep accurate and comprehensive tenant/customer records to professional standards
- Encourage and enable tenants to pay their rent and to ensure that rent accounts are managed effectively in conjunction with the Housing Management team
- Ensure that referrals are chased proactively so that properties which can be used to house those in need are filled as efficiently as possible
- Adhere to Look Ahead's Policies and Procedures
- Engage in learning and development activity to increase knowledge and skills
- Undertake any other duties consistent with the grade and nature of the post as may be reasonably assigned
This is not an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time and is subject to change in accordance with the needs of Look Ahead.
- Enjoys social interaction and the company of others, joins in local activities to encourage customer involvement
- Approachable and open behaviour
- Prefers working as part of a group or team
- Is fundamentally calm and resilient, does not let emotion adversely affect them or obscure their judgement
- Has a practical and logical mind and is naturally well organised
- Open to feedback and self development
- Thrives on change and enjoys dynamic diverse environments
- Is confident with high levels of self-esteem
- Is respectful, articulate and sensitive in style of communication
- Is essentially customer-focused
- Is motivated towards excellence and improvement of personal performance with a can do attitude
- Ability to cope positively with challenging and diverse behaviours
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Up to NVQ Level 2/3 or equivalent or experience in the social care/charity sector
- Experience working in mental health
Please note that we have the right to close any vacancy before the advertised closing date if we have received a high number of applications.
More about Look Ahead Care and Support
Posted on: 27 January 2020
Closed date: 24 February 2020
Job ref: REQ001647
Tags: Support Worker