Recruiting a Support Worker to join our Service in West Kent!
GBP 8,000 per annum plus 25 days Annual Leave (Pro-Rata), Pension schemes, Staff discounts, healthcare and more. This role is working 16 hours per week.
West Kent Domestic Abuse services comprises three refuges and an Independent Domestic Violence Advocate (IDVA) service. We support women and children who are fleeing domestic abuse and empower them to move on safely. We support with housing, access to benefits, education, budgeting and healthcare. We run programs such as Freedom and Recovery Toolkit to enable women to process the abuse they have suffered. We also work in the community raising awareness and offering training around domestic abuse. We have access to Emergency overnight accommodation and run a Sanctuary Scheme for families in the area who wish to remain in their homes.
Look Ahead operates trauma and psychologically informed approaches, ensuring that our customers benefit from being supported through strengths-based practices. Support Workers share responsibility by ensuring that a holistic and cohesive model of customer support is embedded across Kent. To enable vulnerable people living in a variety of different tenures to manage their tenancies/licences and move towards greater independence within the community by providing a flexible and individually tailored support package.
- Undertake key-working responsibilities for a caseload assigned by the Team Leader/ Manager
- Undertake initial and continuous assessment of needs and potential risks and agree levels of support and actions
- Create support/action plans for providing appropriate services based on the assessment and reflecting the services and resources available
- Support customers to undertake all domestic tasks wherever possible, including practical assistance where they have not yet developed the skills, to ensure customers enjoy a high quality of accommodation
- Develop and maintain links with all key agencies and service providers in the local community
- Empower customers to ensure they receive the service and benefits they are entitled to
- Undertake all administrative work and keep accurate and comprehensive tenant/customer records to professional standards
- Encourage and enable tenants to pay their rent and to ensure that rent accounts are managed effectively in conjunction with the Housing Management team
- Ensure that referrals are chased proactively so that properties which can be used to house those in need are filled as efficiently as possible
- Adhere to Look Ahead's Policies and Procedures
- Engage in learning and development activity to increase knowledge and skills
- Engage positively in reflective practice sessions with colleagues
- Undertake any other duties consistent with the grade and nature of the post as may be reasonably assigned
- Ability to complete Dash Risk Assessment and a good understanding of the protocols around domestic abuse and stalking risk levels and referral to IDVA services and refuge
- Good understanding of Honour Based Violence and FGM
- Knowledge of the criminal justice system and an understanding of Marac protocols
- Ability to safety plan with customers around specific events i.e Court visits
- Supporting customers to set personalised goals in the form of a Safety and Support Plan
- Knowledge and understanding of Safeguarding and Child Protection Protocols and procedures
- Encouraging customers to attend relevant programme when appropriate
- Enjoys social interaction and the company of others, joins in local activities to encourage customer involvement
- Approachable and open behaviour
- Prefers working as part of a group/team
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Up to NVQ Level 2/3 or equivalent or experience in the social care/charity sector working with complex need clients
- Experience working in homelessness
- Full Driving Licence and access to use of vehicle
For the full job description, please visit the Look Ahead website.
More about Look Ahead Care and Support
Refreshed on: 23 April 2020
Closed date: 10 March 2020
Job ref: REQ001755
Tags: Support Worker