Recruiting for a Support Worker to join our Homelessness and Complex Needs Service in Brent!
GBP 21,944 per annum, 40 hours per week plus 25 days Annual Leave, Pension schemes, Staff discounts, healthcare and more
Livingstone House is a 24 hour staffed 92 bed mix gender hostel, which provides short term supported housing for single homeless vulnerable people with Low to Medium support needs. Look Ahead provides the support function and Riverside provides the housing management and night concierge. The Service provides on average 5 hours of weekly support to customers who reside in the hostel with the aim to provide them with the tools to move on within a PRS Private Renting Scheme, within a community and live independently.
- To provide support to peers and management, being flexible and responsive and help bespoke support for each customer's abilities and aspirations
- To implement the principles of personalisation, as part of a local service plan.
- To help support your colleagues to maximise the customers' independence.
- To motivate customers to access educational and training opportunities and to integrate fully in the community
- To support up to 14 customers to sustain their tenancies
- To promote customer involvement in all aspects of your work
- To take on a project that will help assist the service move forward
- To work closely with peers/customers and lead on initial referral assessments, aiding their journey for betterment & lead on the resettlement of customers
- To maintain appropriate records to a sound standard in accordance with Look ahead's policies and procedures.
- To attend Case Conferences every 6 weeks where viable
- To attend provider meetings and update upon service delivery
- Working hours are either a 8am-4.30pm or a 1.30pm until 9.30pm on a rota basis which will includes weekends
This is not an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time and is subject to change in accordance with the needs of Look Ahead.
- Excellent communication and a team player
- Excellent customer relationship management
- Professional manner in everything that you do
- Proven experience of motivating, supporting customers or transferable skills than can complete this task and beyond.
- A essential willingness to work evenings, weekends and bank holidays on a shift rota basis
- Ability to think outside the box (Essential)
- Work upon your own initiative which is essential
- Lead upon assigned projects that are given
- Ability to hit the ground running which is key within a fast moving hostel daily environment.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Time management with is key in all area's
- IT skills
- Problem solving
- Ability to work under pressure
- Change management
Please note that we have the right to close any vacancy before the advertised closing date if we have received a high number of applications.
If your application for this role is unsuccessful, but we feel that you would be suitable for another role, we may contact you to discuss alternative opportunities. If this occurs you would not need to submit another application for the alternative role.