Recruiting a Support Worker to join our Mental Health service in Harrow!
GBP 22,360 per annum plus 25 days Annual Leave, Pension schemes, Staff discounts, healthcare and more. This role is working 40 hours per week.
Look Ahead's Harrow Mental Health service delivers housing and mental health accommodation based support services in the London Borough of Harrow. We offer flexible 7 days-a-week support and accommodation delivered between the hours of 8am spread across 6 properties to 32 customers with scope for customers to' stepping up' or 'stepping down' from their existing supported housing.
All our customers are referred to our service through the Mental Health Social Care Resource Allocation panel (RAP) Pathway in conjunction with Harrow council and other statutory partners. Customers present with medium to high needs and low needs, with specific schemes dedicated to supporting each customer cohort. There is an expectation of staff to promote Look Ahead's values when supporting our customers to develop their independence, become more involved in their community and receive regular support in safe and reassuring environment.
- Providing emotional and practical support to customers
- Undertake key-working responsibilities for a caseload assigned by the Team Leader/ Manager
- Undertake initial and continuous assessment of needs and potential risks and agree levels of support and actions
- Create support/action plans for providing appropriate services based on the assessment and reflecting the services and resources available
- Support customers to undertake all domestic tasks wherever possible, including practical assistance where they have not yet developed the skills, to ensure customers enjoy a high quality of accommodation
- Develop and maintain links with all key agencies and service providers in the local community
- Empower customers to ensure they receive the service and benefits they are entitled to
- Undertake all administrative work and keep accurate and comprehensive tenant/customer records to professional standards
- Encourage and enable tenants to pay their rent and to ensure that rent accounts are managed effectively in conjunction with the Housing Management team
- Ensure that referrals are chased proactively so that properties which can be used to house those in need are allocated as efficiently as possible
- Adhere to Look Ahead's Policies and Procedures
- Engage in learning and development activity to increase knowledge and skills
- Undertake any other duties consistent with the grade and nature of the post as may be reasonably assigned
- Enjoys social interaction and the company of others, joins in local activities to encourage customer involvement
- Experience of providing support to people with mental health challenges or experience of providing support services within other supported housing environments
- Knowledge of recovery principles and the ability to embed this into practice
- Ability to use a strengths-based approach Support Workers carry out needs and risk assessments and co-produce person-centred and recovery-oriented support plans with customers
- Ability to enable vulnerable people living in a variety of different tenures to manage their tenancies/ licences and move towards greater independence within the community by providing a flexible and individually tailored support package
- Ability to communicate and work with varying partners to achieve the desired outcome
- Approachable behaviour that is open to feedback and self development
- Ability to work flexibly as part of a team
- Is fundamentally calm and resilient, does not let emotion adversely affect them or obscure their judgement
- Has a practical and logical mind and is naturally well organised
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Up to NVQ Level 2/3 or equivalent or experience in the social care/charity sector
- Experience working in mental health
For the full job description, please visit the Look Ahead website.
More about Look Ahead Care and Support
Refreshed on: 28 May 2020
Closed date: 11 June 2020
Job ref: REQ001902
Tags: Support Worker, Social Work