Recruiting a Support Worker to join our Mental Health service in Tower Hamlets!
GBP 22,360 per annum plus 25 days Annual Leave, Pension schemes, Staff discounts, healthcare and more. This role is working 40 hours per week.
Cannon Street Road is a Mental Health Service. The main project is for individuals with mental health issues who require high -medium level support. Staff here also offer outreach support across: Ensign Street, for those with mental health issues requiring low level support who are able to live semi-independently; Glasshouse Fields, for low-medium mental health needs; and, for those with low level mental health needs who are able to live semi-independently.
Successful candidates will be given the opportunity to join a busy, dynamic and engaging team working in Tower Hamlets. Support Workers enable people with particular needs to manage their tenancies and live independent lives of their choosing in the community and move towards greater independence by providing a flexible and individually tailored support package. The project has one high support building with 20 self contained flats, with additional communal space and a garden as well as two low support buildings with 19 self contained flats/bed-sits spread over two sites.
- Building supportive, trusting relationships with customers and creating a positive atmosphere
- Working proactively with other members of the team to handle the service caseload and administrative responsibilities
- Conducting key work sessions as required, that are innovative and engaging in order to achieve Support Plan goals
- Ensuring ongoing assessment and management of risks associated with customers within an attitude of 'positive risk taking'
- Providing support with daily living activities, including practical assistance to support customers to independent living e.g. budgeting, cooking, establishing a night time routine
- Supporting customers to maintain a healthy environment and where appropriate assisting them to clean their accommodation and maintain good personal hygiene
- Assisting in the recording and reporting of customer incidents
- Managing customer referrals, completing assessments and obtaining and maintaining all relevant paperwork
- Developing productive relationships with partner organisations to improve service outcomes
- Adhering to lone working protocols and maintaining high levels of awareness in relation to the health and safety of yourself and colleagues
- Involving customers in the design, development and delivery of the service
- Encouraging and enabling tenants to pay their rent and avoid personal debt
- Ensuring Look Ahead Health and Safety policies and local protocols are adhered to at all times e.g. fire risk assessments, fire alarm checks etc
- Taking on shift leading responsibilities by coordinating and leading shifts in the absence of a manager
- Being responsible for the handover of key information between shifts
- Adhering to all other Look Ahead's policies and procedures
- Engaging in learning and development activity to increase knowledge and skills
- Undertaking any other duties consistent with the grade and nature of the post as assigned by the Team Leader/Manager Undertake any other duties consistent with the grade and nature of the post as may be reasonably assigned
- Enjoys social interaction and the company of others, joins in local activities to encourage customer involvement
- Approachable and open behaviour
- Prefers working as part of a group or team
- Is fundamentally calm and resilient, does not let emotion adversely affect them or obscure their judgement
- Has a practical and logical mind and is naturally well organised
- Open to feedback and self development
- Thrives on change and enjoys dynamic diverse environments
- Is confident with high levels of self-esteem
- Is respectful, articulate and sensitive in style of communication
- Is essentially customer-focused
- Is motivated towards excellence and improvement of personal performance with a can do attitude
- Ability to cope positively with challenging and diverse behaviours
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Adept use of Microsoft programmes and an ability and willing to learn how to use new recording and reporting software
- Experience working in mental health
- Up to NVQ Level 2/3 or equivalent or experience in the social care/charity sector