Recruiting for a Support Workers to join our Homelessness and Complex Needs Service in Brent!
GBP 22,928 per annum, 40 hours per week, plus 25 days Annual Leave, Pension Scheme, staff discounts, healthcare and more.
Brent Complex Needs supports 112 customers with varied and often multiple support needs including a history of offending, substance misuse and mental health. Customers are supported across four male and 2 mixed male and female sites which cover 24 hour and 9-5 office based site.
To support customers to manage offending behaviour, minimise risk and promote independent living for when they are integrated back into the community
- Work proactively to manage the day to day running of the service
- Manage a caseload of customers delivering a person centred support and risk management plan to develop their independent living skills, sustain tenancy in preparation for move on into the community.
- Work closely with Probation services to help support and minimise offending risk to customer
- Work with your team to enhance the local culture within your service and promote best practice working
- Contribute to a positive service environment, ensuring the service is supportive and a place of safety and stability for customers.
- Support customers to undertake domestic tasks, including practical assistance to ensure a high quality living environment that promotes customers' dignity, respect and allows customers to feel safe and welcome in their own home
- Work with customers to promote social inclusion to promote independent living, encouraging customers to maximise their skills and choices
- Involve customers in the design, development and delivery of the service through co-production.
- Report and react to any observations relating to customers welfare
- Proactive development of links with local statutory and voluntary organizations to provide a range of engagement opportunities for customers in the community
- Shift lead, ensuring effective coordination of staff time so that all planned service and customer activities are attended to during the course of the shift
- Maintain a good standard of records as required at the project under the direction of the Managers.
- Engaging in learning and development activity to increase knowledge and skills
- Ensure Look Ahead Health and Safety policies and local protocols are adhered to at all times, to ensure the safety of the customers and premises including responding to maintenance, fire and health and safety issues
- Attend and participate in team meetings and managers meetings
- Competent use of relevant systems, company policies and frameworks
- Adhere to all the policies and procedures of Look Ahead Care & Support plus those specific to the project including any statutory requirements
- Carry out other duties commensurate with the designated role level, as may be deemed reasonable by Look Ahead including working at an alternative patch, if such a need arises
This is not an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time and is subject to change in accordance with the needs of Look Ahead.
- Enjoys social interaction and the company of others, networks in local business community.
- Approachable and open behaviour.
- Enjoys working as part of a group or team.
- Is fundamentally calm and resilient, does not let emotion adversely affect them or obscure their judgement.
- Has a practical and logical mind and is naturally well organised.
- Thrives on change and enjoys dynamic diverse environments with an ability to cope positively with challenging and diverse behaviour.
- Is highly motivated and a self-starter.
- Enjoys managing and motivating others.
- Is confident with high levels of self-esteem.
- Is respectful, articulate and sensitive in style of communication.
- Is passionate and enthusiastic about his/her career and job experiences.
- Is motivated towards excellence and improvement of personal performance with a can do attitude.