Recruiting for a Support Worker to join our Mental Health service in Slough!
GBP 19,500 per annum, 40 hours per week plus 25 days Annual Leave, Pension schemes, Staff discounts, healthcare and more
Hope Place is a new supported accommodation service located in Slough comprising 11 self contained rooms with a staff office on site. The service will accommodate and support people who experience moderate to high complex mental illness, many of whom will also have a range of additional and complex needs, for example drug and alcohol misuse issues and personality disorders.
Hope Place will be opened in May and provide care and support for 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, including Bank Holidays. The service will be covered at night by designated Waking Night staff. Support Workers will be required to work on a rota basis, covering early and late shifts, including at weekends and Bank Holidays.
The service will have a focus on enabling and utilise residents' skills. Amongst other responsibilities, the successful candidates will support service users to acquire tenancy sustainment and budgeting skills, encourage and facilitate group activities, socialisation, opportunities for training and employment.
To enable vulnerable people with mental health needs to maximise independent living skills and opportunities for social inclusion as wells as manage their tenancies. To support customers developing the skills needed to move on to other appropriate accommodation with lower levels of support and greater levels of independence.
- Undertake key-working responsibilities for a caseload assigned by the Team Leader/ Manager
- Undertake initial and continuous assessment of needs and potential risks and agree levels of support and actions
- Create support/action plans for providing appropriate services based on the assessment and reflecting the services and resources available
- Support customers to undertake all domestic tasks wherever possible, including practical assistance where they have not yet developed the skills, to ensure customers enjoy a high quality of accommodation
- Support individuals to manage their prescribed medication
- Develop and maintain links with all key agencies and service providers in the local community
- Empower customers to ensure they receive the service and benefits they are entitled to
- Carry out H&S and Fire Safety checks in individual rooms as well as communal areas of the building
- Identify and report appropriately any Safeguarding concerns
- Promptly report and follow up maintenance issues
- Undertake all administrative work and keep accurate and comprehensive tenant/customer records to professional standards
- Encourage and enable tenants to pay their rent and to ensure that rent accounts are managed effectively in conjunction with the Housing Management team
- Ensure that referrals are chased proactively so that properties which can be used to house those in need are filled as efficiently as possible
- Adhere to Look Ahead's Policies and Procedures
- Engage in learning and development activity to increase knowledge and skills
- Undertake any other duties consistent with the grade and nature of the post as may be reasonably assigned
This is not an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time and is subject to change in accordance with the needs of Look Ahead.