Recruiting Support Workers to join our Mental Health service in Slough!
Hope House provides support for 16 customers overall. We have two sites Hope House (10 bed supported housing) and Doddsfield Road (6 flats independent living with floating support). Hope House provide support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week with sleep ins. Doddsfield Road provides floating support during working hours.
We are currently recruiting the following roles:
Support Worker - £19,500 per annum, permanent position, 40 hours per week
Support Worker - £19,500 per annum, 5 month FTC, 40 hours per week
Please clearly state in your supporting statement which role/roles you are interested in.
We offer 25 days Annual Leave, Pension schemes, Staff discounts, healthcare and more.
Staff work closely with Slough Community Mental Health Team (SCMHT) we also have a designated Occupational Therapist working along side supporting staff. Customers also attend Hope College which is facilitated via Slough Mental Health Team as part of their recovery process needed in preparation into independent living.
This is a great opportunity for any support worker to gain exceptional experience within the mental health field, based on the solid working relationship with (SCMHT) We have since implemented training directly from SCMHT to support staff with understanding Mental Health diagnosis and Managing Crisis with our customers in-house.
- Undertake key-working responsibilities for a caseload assigned by the Team Leader/Manager
- Undertake initial and continuous assessment of needs and potential risks and agree levels of support and actions
- Create support/action plans for providing appropriate services based on the assessment and reflecting the services and resources available
- Support customers to undertake all domestic tasks wherever possible, including practical assistance where they have not yet developed the skills, to ensure customers enjoy a high quality of accommodation
- Develop and maintain links with all key agencies and service providers in the local community
- Empower customers to ensure they receive the service and benefits they are entitled to
- Undertake all administrative work and keep accurate and comprehensive tenant/customer records to professional standards
- Encourage and enable tenants to pay their rent and to ensure that rent accounts are managed effectively in conjunction with the Housing Management team
- Ensure that referrals are chased proactively so that properties which can be used to house those in need are filled as efficiently as possible
- Adhere to Look Ahead's Policies and Procedures
- Engage in learning and development activity to increase knowledge and skills
- Undertake any other duties consistent with the grade and nature of the post as may be reasonably assigned
This is not an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time and is subject to change in accordance with the needs of Look Ahead.
For more information or to apply please visit our website.