Recruiting Support Workers to join our Domestic Abuse Service in West Kent!
£20,000 per annum, 40 hours per week, plus 25 days Annual Leave, Pension Scheme, staff discounts, healthcare and more.
Working within the Kent Integrated Domestic Abuse services, the Support Workers in our refuges in West Kent support and empower women to move on successfully with their lives and be active members of their local community.
The service supports 23 women with/out children in shared or self contained units. The aim of the service is to provide asset based support to women to rebuild their lives following a period of abuse, preparing them to move on within a 6-12 month period to an accommodation type of their choice either in or out of borough.
Enthusiastic and energetic, the post-holder needs to be customer focused and committed to being an active part of a dynamic team. Support Workers deliver support alongside the in house Independent Domestic Violence Advisor (IDVA) to address the safety of victims, survivors at high risk of harm and to equip women with the tools to move on within the allocated period.
The role requires some flexibility as the post holder will work shifts on a 40 hours shared rota which includes evening and weekends.
- Undertake key-working responsibilities for customers living in the refuge
- To empower and support women and children in the refuge to keep safe and move on successfully with their lives
- Complete DASH Risk Assessments, conduct comprehensive and regular customer risk assessments to ensure their safety and wellbeing
- Create support/action plans for providing appropriate services based on the assessment and reflecting the services and resources available
- Create safety plans for children and prioritise their welfare at all times. Link into statutory interventions for children subject to CP or CIN proceedings
- Provide practical assistance to support customers to work towards the goals in their support plan (e.g. supporting benefits applications, attending medical appointments and appointments with external agencies)
- Work flexibly, supporting each customer to exercise choice and control over their support and the wider service they receive
- Develop and maintain links with all key agencies and service providers in the local community
- Liaise with external agencies such as the Police, MARAC, Social Services and GPs
- Work in partnership with involved agencies and stakeholders to deliver coordinated, responsive support
- Help customers to integrate into their local area and access local educational, social, wellbeing and community activities, resources and opportunities
- Carry out duties as required to ensure the health, safety and wellbeing of customers and fellow colleagues
- Undertake housing management functions including overseeing rent accounts encourage and enable tenants to pay their rent to maximise customer and Look Ahead's income.
- Take ownership of services and ensure high living standards in both communal and personal living spaces are maintained to a high standard.
- Manage customer referrals, completing Dash Risk Assessments and obtaining and maintaining all relevant paperwork
- Building supportive, trusting relationships with customers and creating a positive atmosphere
- Knowledge of the criminal justice system. Understanding of MARAC protocols
- Encouraging customers to attend relevant programmes when appropriate i.e. Freedom Programme/Recovery Toolkit to support successful move on
- Adhere to all the policies and procedures of Look Ahead Care, Support & Housing plus those specific to the project including any statutory requirements
- Ensure Look Ahead Health and Safety policies and local protocols are adhered to at all times
- Maintain records as required at the project under the direction of management
- Participate in team meetings/reviews and the general development of the service
- Engage positively in reflective practice sessions with colleagues
- Undertake any other duties consistent with the grade and nature of the post as may be reasonably assigned
For more information or to apply please visit our website.