Recruiting a Support Worker (Until 31st March 2021) to join our Young People Service in Lambeth!
£22,360 per annum, 40 hours per week, plus 25 days Annual Leave, Pension Scheme, staff discounts, healthcare and more.
Lambeth Accommodation Based Young Peoples Service consists of 5 different properties across the borough providing support to 32 young people, aged 16-21. Each property contains between 5 and 9 units and are a mix of self-contained flats and shared facilities. Customers receive support for up to 2 years. There are 2 staff offices; one at Trent Road in Brixton and one at Wolfington Road in West Norwood. Support Workers will have a caseload of customers across the various properties for which they are responsible and will provide support to help them develop the life skills they require.
Support Workers will provide support to customers to help them develop the life skills they require to meet the assessed needs of the customers of the service. They will work with customers to promote social inclusion and alongside other members of the team to promote independent living, encouraging customers to maximise their skills and choices. The rota will include 8.00 - 16.00 and 14.00 - 22.00 shifts as well as weekends.
- Building supportive, trusting relationships with customers
- Working proactively with other members of the team to handle the service caseload and administrative responsibilities
- Supporting key customers to set personalised goals in the form of a Support Plan
- Conducting regular key work sessions that are innovative and engaging in order to achieve Support Plan goals
- Ensuring ongoing assessment and management of risks associated with customers within an attitude of 'positive risk taking'
- Proactively manage risk and safety both in and outside of their physical living environment
- Providing support with daily living activities, including practical assistance where skills are not yet developed, to ensure that customers enjoy a high quality of accommodation
- Proactive development of links with local statutory and voluntary organisations to provide a range of engagement opportunities for customers in the community
- Involving customers in the design, development and delivery of the service
- Empowering customers to ensure they receive the service and benefits they are entitled to
- Encouraging and enabling tenants to pay their rent and ensure that rent accounts are managed effectively
- Ensuring Look Ahead Health and Safety policies are adhered to at all time and to uphold all health and safety responsibilities within relevant policies and local protocols
- Adhering to all other Look Ahead's policies and procedures
- Engaging in learning and development activity to increase knowledge and skills
- Undertaking any other duties consistent with the grade and nature of the post as assigned by the Team Leader/ Manager
This is not an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time and is subject to change in accordance with the needs of Look Ahead.
- Non-judgemental, respectful and person centred in approach
- Ability to maintain boundaries
- Ability to be a positive role model
- Ability to engage with and form positive relationships
- Ability to convey empathy and warmth to Young People
- Desire to continue professional development
- High degree of emotional intelligence
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Good written and oral communication skills and good recording and report writing skills
- Ability to engage with and form professional relationships with professionals from across a variety of agencies
- Ability to appropriately manage challenging situations and conflict
- Ability to use evidence based approaches to the delivery of direct interventions to Young People e.g. social pedagogy model
- Experience working with young people in supported accommodation setting
- Good knowledge of local area it's amenities and services
For more information or to apply please visit our webiste.