Recruiting a Support Worker to join our Mental Health service in Teddington!
£22,360 per annum, 37.5 hours per week plus 25 days Annual Leave, Pension schemes, Staff discounts, healthcare and more.
To enable vulnerable people living in a variety of different tenures to manage their tenancies/ licences and move towards greater independence within the community by providing a flexible and individually tailored support package. Support Worker will give practical support to help people maintain their tenancy, stay well, exercise choice and control in their care and lives and participate in the community. Support is also provided to develop towards self-advocacy, self-management and empowerment, incorporating the principles and practice of recovery, co-production and peer support.
- Undertake key-working responsibilities for a caseload assigned by the Senior Support Worker/Team Leader/Contract Manager. Creatively working to engage with customers
- Undertake initial and continuous assessment of needs and potential risks and agree levels of support and actions. Promote positive risk taking
- Create support/action plans for providing appropriate services based on the assessment and reflecting the services and resources available
- Building supportive, trusting relationships with customers
- Working proactively with other members of the team to handle the service caseload and administrative responsibilities
- Support customers to undertake all domestic tasks wherever possible, including practical assistance where they have not yet developed the skills, to ensure customers enjoy a high quality of accommodation.
- Undertake all administrative work and keep accurate and comprehensive tenant/customer records to professional standards
- Proactive development of links with local statutory and voluntary organisations to provide a range of engagement opportunities for customers in the community
- Empower customers to ensure they receive the service and benefits they are entitled to
- Encourage and enable tenants to pay their rent and to ensure that rent accounts are managed effectively in conjunction with the Housing Management team and policies
- Undertake housing management duties in line with relevant HM contract
- Ensure that referrals are chased proactively so that properties which can be used to house those in need are filled as efficiently as possible
- Undertake any other duties consistent with the grade and nature of the post as may be reasonably assigned
- Involving customers in the design, development and delivery of the service
- Ensuring Look Ahead Health and Safety policies are adhered to at all time and to uphold all health and safety responsibilities within relevant policies and local protocols
- Adhering to all other Look Ahead's policies and procedure
- Engaging in learning and development activity to increase knowledge and skills
This is not an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time and is subject to change in accordance with the needs of Look Ahead.
- Enjoys social interaction and the company of others, joins in local activities to encourage customer involvement
- Approachable and open behaviour
- Prefers working as part of a group or team
- Is fundamentally calm and resilient, does not let emotion adversely affect them or obscure their judgement
- Has a practical and logical mind and is naturally well organised
- Open to feedback and self development
- Thrives on change and enjoys dynamic diverse environments
- Is confident with high levels of self-esteem
- Is respectful, articulate and sensitive in style of communication
- Is essentially customer-focused
- Is motivated towards excellence and improvement of personal performance with a can do attitude
- Ability to cope positively with challenging and diverse behaviours
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Up to NVQ Level 2/3 or equivalent or experience in the social care/charity sector
- Experience working in mental health