Recruiting a Support Worker to join our Young People's service in Barking and Dagenham!
£22,360 per annum, 40 hours per week, plus 25 days Annual Leave, Pension schemes, Staff discounts, healthcare and more.
The Vineries provides supported accommodation for 31 young people, aged 16-19, with varied support needs including accessing education, training and employment; managing finances; support with mental and physical health problems; emotional support; support with substance misuse, etc. Each individual receives one to one attention from a Support Worker. The service also offers group workshops and activities. After 2 years or before they turn 19, customers are supported in the transition to independent living.
The service is staffed 24/7 by a team of Support Workers and the role requires evening and weekend shift work. This role requires working on a shift pattern consisting of including Early/late shifts, weekends and Bank Holidays .
We are looking for passionate, dedicated people to join us at this exciting time. We need people who are committed to achieving excellence in everything they do - always asking~how could we do this better? People who believe in the customers potential and aspire to identify, nurture and develop them. People who understand that customers, colleagues, stakeholders and commissioners can work in partnership to make positive changes to lives and communities.
Support Workers will provide support to customers to help them develop the life skills they require to live independently. Support workers must monitor and assess the needs of the customers and provide creative and tailored person centred support to help them achieve their goals and aspirations.
Support workers will work closely with statutory children's services and other external agencies to best support customers to promote social inclusion and teach independent living skills. Support workers will empower and encourage customers to maximise their skills and choices.
- Building supportive, trusting relationships with customers
- Working proactively with other members of the team to handle the service caseload and administrative responsibilities
- Supporting key customers to set personalised goals in the form of a Support Plan
- Conducting regular key work sessions that are innovative and engaging in order to achieve Support Plan goals
- Ensuring ongoing assessment and management of risks associated with customers within an attitude of 'positive risk taking'
- Proactively manage risk and safety both in and outside of their physical living environment
- Providing support with daily living activities, including practical assistance where skills are not yet developed, to ensure that customers enjoy a high quality of accommodation
- Proactive development of links with local statutory and voluntary organisations to provide a range of engagement opportunities for customers in the community
- Involving customers in the design, development and delivery of the service
- Empowering customers to ensure they receive the service and benefits they are entitled to
- Monitoring rent arrears and ensuring that rent accounts are managed effectively. Encouraging and enabling tenants to pay their rent/ service charge.
- Ensuring Look Ahead Health and Safety policies are adhered to at all time and to uphold all health and safety responsibilities within relevant policies and local protocols
- Adhering to all other Look Ahead's policies and procedures
- Engaging in learning and development activity to increase knowledge and skills
- Day to day instruction/ supervision of Assistant Support Workers/domestic staff/Personal Support Assistants where appropriate
- Undertaking any other duties consistent with the grade and nature of the post as assigned by the Manager
- Forming strong partnerships with external agencies
This is not an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time and is subject to change in accordance with the needs of Look Ahead.
- Enjoys social interaction and the company of others, joins in local activities to encourage customer involvement
- Approachable and open behaviour
- Prefers working as part of a group or team
- Is fundamentally calm and resilient, does not let emotion adversely affect them or obscure their judgement
- Has a practical and logical mind and is naturally well organised
- Open to feedback and self development
- Thrives on change and enjoys dynamic diverse environments
- Is confident with high levels of self-esteem
- Is respectful, articulate and sensitive in style of communication
- Is essentially customer-focused
For more information or to apply please visit our website.