Recruiting Support Workers and a Waking Night Support Worker to join our Learning Disabilities Service in Tower Hamlets!
Mary Jones Court is a supported living project for adults with learning difficulties. Accommodation is provided for up to 20 customers, aged 20-65, with a variety of support needs. Each flat is self-contained, including three on the ground floor which have been adapted for customers with mobility issues. The staff team operates a 24-hour rota and is skilled at working with people who have mild to moderate learning disabilities, as well as other issues such as drugs, alcohol and mental health.
We are currently recruiting the following roles:
2 Part Time Support Workers - £11,180 per annum, 20 hours per week, fixed term contract until November 2021
Part Time Waking Night Support Worker - £11,180 per annum, 20 hours per week, fixed term contract until November 2021
We offer 25 days Annual Leave, Pension schemes, Staff discounts, healthcare and more.
Please clearly state in your supporting statement which role/roles you are interested in.
Support Worker's will provide support to customers to help them develop the life skills they require to meet the assessed needs of the customers of the service. In some services, this will include providing physical, domestic, emotional and social care. They will work with customers to promote social inclusion and alongside other members of the team to promote independent living, encouraging customers to maximise their skills and choices. Support Workers will have a caseload of customers, for which they are responsible
- If a need arises, deliver all aspects of support to enable a customer to develop independent living skills as appropriate to the individual needs of the customer. In some services, this will include delivering personal and physical care as appropriate.
- Support customers to undertake all domestic tasks wherever possible, including practical assistance where they have not yet developed the skills, to ensure customers enjoy a high quality of accommodation.
- Participate in the support planning and risk management, as facilitated by the lead Support Worker
- Carry out security duties to ensure the safety of the customers and premises
- Monitor the CCTV throughout the shift
- Enable customers to make full use of community facilities by providing support as directed
- Carry out support duties to enable customers to integrate into the community including e.g. accompanying the customer to attend benefit agency appointments and meetings, go shopping, to enquire at colleges about possible courses, to visit various public amenities.
- Report any observations relating to customers welfare
- Adhere to all the policies and procedures of Look Ahead Care & Support plus those specific to the project including any statutory requirements
- Ensure Look Ahead Health and Safety policies and local protocols are adhered to at all times
- Maintain records as required at the project under the direction of the support workers/management
- Participate in team meetings/reviews and the general development of the service
- Undertake any other duties consistent with the grade and nature of the post as may be reasonably assigned
This is not an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time and is subject to change in accordance with the needs of Look Ahead.
- Enjoys social interaction and the company of others, joins in local activities to encourage customer involvement
- Exudes a warm friendly presence and open behaviour
- Prefers working as part of a group or team
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- NVQ Level 3 or equivalent experience in the social care/charity sector
- Learning disability and mental health experience
Interviews will start taking place 19th February 2021.
For more information or to apply please visit our website.