Recruiting Support Workers and a Waking Night Support Worker to join our Learning Disabilities Service in Tower Hamlets!
Tower Hamlets Learning Disability Service provides support to 15 customers all who have their own room with shared facilities. There are two sites: Old Ford Road and Vulcan Square. The role includes enabling vulnerable people living in a variety of different tenures to manage their tenancies/licences, supporting customers with personal care, medication and moving towards greater independence within the community by providing a flexible and individually tailored support pack. Support is provided from 7am-11pm, with sleep-in at both sites, and customers receive varying levels of one-to-one support hours.
We are currently recruiting the following roles:
2 Part Time Support Worker - £11,180 per annum, 20 hours per week, fixed term contract until November 2021
Part Time Waking Night Support Worker - £11,180 per annum, 20 hours per week, permanent position
We offer 25 days Annual Leave, Pension schemes, Staff discounts, healthcare and more.
Please clearly state in your supporting statement which role/roles you are interested in.
Support Workers will provide support to customers to help them develop the life skills they require to meet the assessed needs of the customers of the service. In some services, this will include providing physical, domestic, emotional and social care. They will work with customers to promote social inclusion and alongside other members of the team to promote independent living, encouraging customers to maximise their skills and choices.This role requires working Waking Night shifts on a rota basis.
- If a need arises, deliver all aspects of support to enable a customer to develop independent living skills as appropriate to the individual needs of the customer. In some services, this will include delivering personal and physical care as appropriate
- Support customers to undertake all domestic tasks wherever possible, including practical assistance where they have not yet developed the skills, to ensure customers enjoy a high quality of accommodation
- Participate in the support planning and risk management, as facilitated by the lead Support Worker
- Carry out security duties to ensure the safety of the customers and premises
- Monitor the CCTV throughout the shift
- Enable customers to make full use of community facilities by providing support as directed
- Carry out support duties to enable customers to integrate into the community including e.g. accompanying the customer to attend benefit agency appointments and meetings, go shopping, to enquire at colleges about possible courses, to visit various public amenities
- Report any observations relating to customers welfare
- Adhere to all the policies and procedures of Look Ahead Care, Support & Housing plus those specific to the project including any statutory requirements
- Ensure Look Ahead Health and Safety policies and local protocols are adhered to at all times
- Maintain records as required at the project under the direction of the Support Workers/management
- Participate in team meetings/reviews and the general development of the service
- Undertake any other duties consistent with the grade and nature of the post as may be reasonably assigned
This is not an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time and is subject to change in accordance with the needs of Look Ahead.
- Exudes a warm friendly presence and open behaviour
- Prefers working as part of a group or team
- Is fundamentally calm and resilient, does not let emotion adversely affect them or obscure their judgement
- Open to feedback and self development
- Has a practical and logical mind and is naturally well organised
- Thrives on change and enjoys dynamic diverse environments
- Is respectful, articulate and sensitive in style of communication
- Is motivated towards excellence and improvement of personal performance with a can do attitude
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- NVQ Level 2/3 or equivalent experience in the social care/charity sector
- Experience in working with people with Learning Disabilities and Autism
Interviews will start taking place 22nd February 2021.
For more information or to apply please visit our website.