Recruiting a Weekend Support Worker to join our Homelessness and Complex Needs Service in Westminster!
£11,180 per annum, working 20 hours per week plus 25 days Annual Leave pro rata, Pension schemes, Staff discounts, healthcare and more.
Hopkinson House provides 24 hour accommodation based support for up to 63 individuals with complex histories, multiple traumas, complex personality disorder(s) and a varied, disrupted housing history with experience of homelessness as well as individuals who have been diagnosed with severe and enduring mental health conditions who are under the Care Programme Approach (CPA).
Hopkinson House implements and promotes the Psychologically Informed Environment (PIE) model. This is an approach which was developed to support people out of homelessness, in particular those who have experienced complex trauma or are diagnosed with a personality disorder. However, its application is far broader than only homelessness. It considers the psychological needs of staff: developing skills and knowledge, increasing motivation, job satisfaction and resilience.
When working with individuals with Mental Health needs, who may display challenging, chaotic behaviours, regularly testing boundaries and have experienced multiple traumas as a result of abuse, neglect, years of long stays in mental health hospitals, it is integral that the postholder is motivated to support individuals to progress. They should continually hold aspirations for individuals despite multiple setbacks, and display emotional resilience, able to process challenging incidents and remain motivated to deliver excellent support.
Support Workers within Look Ahead although not requiring formal experience or qualifications, need to demonstrate a high level of care and empathy as well as an understanding of the stigma's facing those that have been diagnosed with a Mental Health condition.
You will provide information, social inclusion and vocational opportunities to support people to recover and stay well; exercise choice and control in their care and lives; and participate on an equal footing in the community. Provision of care and support is also provided to develop a model of re-enablement towards self-advocacy, self-management and empowerment, incorporating the principles and practice of recovery, co-production and peer support. Post holders will deliver trauma informed and asset based support to a caseload of 5-6 service users with needs aligned to their specialism.
This role requires working 12pm-10pm on weekends.
- Building supportive, trusting relationships with customers and external partners, creating a positive atmosphere
- Conducting regular key work sessions that are innovative and engaging in order to achieve Support Plan goals
- Create support plans for providing appropriate services based on on-going assessment and reflecting the services and resources available to enable customer to progress in their recovery
- Ensuring ongoing assessment and management of risks associated with customers within an attitude of 'positive risk taking'
- Provide support and access to relevant services to enable customers to continue their recovery and empower customers to self-manage their medication regimes through individual re-enablement programmes and informed decision making
This is not an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time and is subject to change in accordance with the needs of Look Ahead.
- Approachable, open & professional behaviour
- At ease in directing others, is assertive and independent minded, will challenge others, and skilled in resolving conflict
- Drives change, enjoys dynamic diverse environments and demonstrates entrepreneurialism, creativity and innovation
- Demonstrates significant confidence and high levels of self-esteem
- Demonstrates significant levels of emotional resilience and a positive attitude
- Is respectful, articulate and sensitive in style of communication
- Is passionate and enthusiastic about the business
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- A basic understanding of the stigma and challenges faced by individuals that have been diagnosed with a mental health condition
- Experience of providing targeted recovery focussed support to individuals with needs mental health
For more information or to apply please visit our website.