Recruiting a Support Worker to join our Young Peoples service based in Bracknell!
GBP 19,845 per annum, 40 hours per week, 25 days Annual Leave, Pension schemes, Staff discounts, healthcare and more.
Holly House is supported housing for 35 vulnerable young adults aged 16-25. You will provide housing related support to a caseload of low to medium needs individuals to assist them in gaining independent living skills. You will be signposted to work with external agencies to ensure a person centred support package is in place. Support needs may include mental health, substance misuse, care experience, and complex needs.
Support Workers will provide Housing Related Support to customers to help them develop the life skills that are required to meet the assessed needs of the customers of the service. They will work with customers to promote social inclusion and alongside other members of the team to promote independent living, encouraging customers to maximise their skills and choices. Support needs may include mental health, substance misuse, care experience, and complex needs.
- Building supportive, trusting relationships with customers
- Working proactively with other members of the team to handle the service caseload, administrative responsibilities and ensuring the service is staffed as per rota requirements
- Supporting key customers to set personalised goals in the form of a Support Plan
- Conducting regular key work sessions that are innovative and engaging in order to achieve Support Plan goals
- Ensuring ongoing assessment and management of risks associated with customers within an attitude of 'positive risk taking'
- Proactively manage risk and safety both in and outside of their physical living environment
- Providing support with daily living activities, including practical assistance where skills are not yet developed, to ensure that customers enjoy a high quality of accommodation
- Signposting to external agencies and out of hours services to assist in addressing all aspects of support needs
- Proactive development of links with local statutory and voluntary organisations to provide a range of engagement opportunities for customers in the community
- Involving customers in the design, development and delivery of the service
- Empowering customers to ensure they receive the service and benefits they are entitled to
- Encouraging and enabling tenants to pay their rent and ensure that rent accounts are managed effectively
- Ensuring Look Ahead Health and Safety policies are adhered to at all time and to uphold all health and safety responsibilities within relevant policies and local protocols
- Adhering to all other Look Ahead's policies and procedures
- Engaging in learning and development activity to increase knowledge and skills
- Day to day instruction/ supervision of Assistant Support Workers/domestic staff/ Personal Support Assistants where appropriate
- Undertaking any other duties consistent with the grade and nature of the post as assigned by the Team Leader/ Manager
This is not an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time and is subject to change in accordance with the
needs of Look Ahead.
If your application for this role is unsuccessful, but we feel that you would be suitable for another role, we may contact you to discuss alternative
opportunities. If this occurs you would not need to submit another application for the alternative role.
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closed date.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion at work and are accredited with the Inclusive Employers Standard 2020. We welcome applications from people of all