Recruiting for a Support Worker to join our Service in Tower Hamlets!
GBP 22,568 per annum, working 40 hours per week, plus 25 days Annual Leave, Pension schemes, Staff discounts, healthcare and more.
Support Worker's will provide support to customers to help them develop the life skills that they require to meet the assessed needs of the customers of the service. In some services, this will include providing physical, domestic, emotional and social care. They will work with customers to promote social inclusion and alongside other members of the team and external agencies to promote independent living, encouraging customers to maximise their skills and choices.
Support Workers will have a caseload of customers, for which they are responsible.
- If a need arises, deliver all aspects of support to enable a customer to develop independent living skills as appropriate to the individual needs of the customer. In some services, this will include delivering personal and physical care as appropriate.
- Support customers to undertake all domestic tasks wherever possible, including practical assistance where they have not yet developed the skills, to ensure customers enjoy a high quality of accommodation.
- Participate in the support planning and risk management, as facilitated by the lead Support Worker.
- Carry out security duties to ensure the safety of the customers and premises
- Monitor the CCTV throughout the shift
- Enable customers to make full use of community facilities by providing support as directed.
- Carry out support duties to enable customers to integrate into the community including e.g. accompanying the customer to attend benefit agency appointments and meetings, go shopping, to enquire at colleges about possible courses, to visit various public amenities.
- Report any observations relating to customers welfare.
- Adhere to all the policies and procedures of Look Ahead Care & Support plus those specific to the project including any statutory requirements.
Ensure Look Ahead Health and Safety policies and local protocols are adhered to at all times.
- Maintain records as required at the project under the direction of the support workers / management.
Participate in team meetings/reviews and the general development of the service.
- Undertake any other duties consistent with the grade and nature of the post as may be reasonably assigned.
This is not an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time and is subject to change in accordance with the needs of Look Ahead
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Up to NVQ Level 2/3 or equivalent or some experience in the social care/charity sector
-Some experience working in mental health settings
- Experience working customers with dual diagnosis and substance misuse
Please see the Look Ahead website for the full job description.
More about Look Ahead Care and Support
Posted on: 16 September 2021
Closed date: 14 October 2021
Job ref: REQ002942
Tags: Support Worker, Social Work