Recruiting for a Support Worker to join our Service in Brent!
GBP 22568 per annum, working 40 hours per week, plus 25 days Annual Leave, Pension schemes, Staff discounts, healthcare and more.
Livingstone House is a 24 hour staffed 92 bed mix gender hostel, which provides short term supported housing for single homeless vulnerable people in Brent with Low to High support needs.
Look ahead provides the support function of the service and Riverside provides the housing management and night concierge. The Service provides on average up to 5 hours of weekly support to customers who reside in the hostel with the aim to provide them with the tools to move on within the community and live independently via the Private Renting Scheme (PRS) process within Brent
-To keep a robust Risk Management Plan up to date regularly
- To complete monthly statistics for workbook submission
- To attend all essential training
-To provide support to peers and management, being flexible and responsive and help bespoke support for each customer's abilities and aspirations
- To implement the principles of personalisation, as part of a local service plan.
- To help support your colleagues to maximise the customers' independence.
- To motivate customers to access educational and training opportunities and to integrate fully in the community
- To support up to 16 customers to sustain their tenancies (paying their rent and service charges weekly)
- To promote customer involvement in all aspects of your work
- To take on a project that will help assist the service move forward
- To work closely with peers/customers and lead on initial referral assessments, aiding their journey for betterment & lead on the resettlement of customers
- To maintain appropriate records to a sound standard in accordance with Look ahead's policies and procedures.
Please see the Look Ahead website for the full job description
More about Look Ahead Care and Support
Posted on: 24 November 2021
Closed date: 22 December 2021
Job ref: REQ003116
Tags: Support Worker, Social Work