Recruiting for a Support Worker to join our Service!
GBP 19,750 per annum, working 40 hours per week, plus 25 days Annual Leave, Pension schemes, Staff discounts, healthcare and more.
Wellesley House provides temporary supported accommodation for homeless families in Windsor, Berkshire. There are 12 modern self-contained two bedroom flats, 4 one bed flats and 1 three bedroom flat all with fully fitted kitchens.
Our team offer accommodation and housing related support to residents for up to two years. A higher level of support is provided to vulnerable families that require additional support.
Families are supported to access benefits and other financial help, support with maintaining their tenancy, in engaging with local community, identifying and accessing appropriate skills training, educational and work opportunities and accessing relevant specialist support agencies (including mental health and substance misuse)
All referrals to Wellesley house come from RBWM housing options team, staff work closely with the housing team in the council.
We have excellent links with children's services in the area including the local children center who run activities for the children at Wellesley House and a local health visitor also runs a monthly baby and toddler clinic at the service.
The team is made up of a contract manager, one team leader and two support workers, who work on a Rota basis, it is expected to work weekends and bank holidays.
- Exudes a warm friendly presence and open behaviour
- Prefers working as part of a group or team
- Is fundamentally calm and resilient, does not let emotion adversely affect them or obscure their judgement
- Open to feedback and self development
- Has a practical and logical mind and is naturally well organised
- Thrives on change and enjoys dynamic diverse environments
- Is confident with high levels of self-esteem
- Is respectful, articulate and sensitive in style of communication
- Is motivated towards excellence and improvement of personal performance with a can do attitude
- Enjoys social interaction and the company of others, joins in local activities to encourage customer involvement
- Ability to cope positively with challenging and diverse behaviour
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- NVQ Level 2 or equivalent or experience within charity/social care sector
- Relevant specialism experience
If your application for this role is unsuccessful, but we feel that you would be suitable for another role, we may contact you to discuss alternative opportunities. If this occurs you would not need to submit another application for the alternative role.
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closed date.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion at work and are accredited with the Inclusive Employers Standard 2020. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds.