Recruiting for a Support Worker to join our Service in Hertfordshire!
GBP 19,760 per annum, working 40 hours per week, plus 25 days Annual Leave, Pension schemes, Staff discounts, healthcare and more.
Sawbridgeworth Outreach in Sawbridgeworth supports 1 gentleman living in their own flat with everyday life skills. The service provides a 24/7 support service, with an emphasis on choice and control, enabling customers to achieve greater independence, improved quality of life and integration into the wider community.
We are looking some someone who is able to build supportive, trusting relationships with customers and create a positive atmosphere. You need to be able to provide a flexible, personalised and responsive support service that is tailored to customer's abilities and aspirations. This will include a willingness to work evenings, weekends and bank holidays on a rota basis.
Customers need support with every daily living activities, including practical assistance, cooking, feeding, cleaning and personal care. The role will also require you to maintain appropriate records to a professional standard in accordance with Look Ahead's policies and procedures. If you have experience caring for customers whilst being calm and resilient, then please apply for this role.
- Building supportive, trusting relationships with customers and creating a positive atmosphere
- To provide a flexible and responsive support service that is tailored to each customer's abilities and aspirations.
- Providing personalised support with daily living activities, including practical assistance to support customers to independent living
- Supporting customers to maintain a healthy environment, including cleaning their accommodation and maintaining good personal hygiene
- Willingness to drive the customers' Motability vehicles on a 1/2/3 to 1 basis, however a driving license is not essential
- To maintain appropriate records to a professional standard in accordance with Look Ahead's policies and procedures
- Ensuring Look Ahead Health and Safety policies are adhered to at all time and to uphold all health and safety responsibilities within relevant policies and local protocols
- Adhering to all other Look Ahead's policies and procedures
- Undertaking any other duties consistent with the grade and nature of the post as assigned by the Team Leader/ Manager
Further details and full job description are available on the website.