Exciting new opportunity for a Team Leader to join our Young Peoples service in Milton Keynes!
GBP £25,475 per annum, 40 hours per week plus 25 days Annual Leave, Pension schemes, Staff discounts, healthcare and more.
Milton Keynes Young Peoples Service is for people aged 16 - 21 with the capacity to support 58Young People at any one time. The service provides a high level of support to Young People that may be care leavers, looked after children and unaccompanied asylum seeking children. They are supported with a variety of complex support needs such as child sexual exploitation, gangs and offending, substance misuse and mental health.
You will be working with and leading a team of specialists and supports workers to support Young People to meet their aspirations, stay safe and live independently. The service is compiled of 5 properties, the largest capacity at one site being 16 units with 24hr support.
The post holder will be fully involved in all aspects of the day to day management of their designated services, including line managing the relevant front line staff. You will lead and develop competence of direct reports as well as carry caseloads of customers requiring support. You will work closely with the Contract Manager to ensure that the service delivers on all targets, both financial and those around the quality of the service.
- Lead and motivate your team to ensure the championing of and maintenance of a positive local culture within your service
- Deliver effective supervision and team meetings with staff and ensure that information, reporting and communication
- Responsible for the personal development of staff, identifying high performers and feeding into the organisations succession plans
- Ensure that Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) required as part of the Contract are met and recorded correctly
- Develop key business relationships with all appropriate relevant customers/external parties to ensure service delivery excellence and maximise new business opportunities in own patch
- Participate in and monitor the initial and continuous assessment of needs and ensure that support planning is carried out in line with assessed needs of the customer
- Carry out other administrative tasks as relevant to the service and directed by the Contract/Heads of Operations
- Deliver an out of hours on-call service for region, where required
- Ensure that all safeguarding cases are managed in line with safeguarding protocols and are reported to Contract Manager/Head of Operations, as appropriate
- Ensure Look Ahead Health and Safety policies are adhered to at all times and to uphold all health and safety responsibilities within relevant policies and local protocols
- Adhere to all the policies and procedures of Look Ahead Care, Support & Housing plus those specific to the project including any statutory requirements
This is not an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time and is subject to subject to change in accordance with the needs of Look Ahead.
Please note that we have the right to close any vacancy before the advertised closing date if we have received a high number of applications.
If your application for this role is unsuccessful, but we feel that you would be suitable for another role, we may contact you to discuss alternative opportunities. If this occurs you would not need to submit another application for the alternative role.