Recruiting a Team Leader to join our young peoples service in Hounslow!
GBP £15,600 per annum, 24 hours per week, 9 month FTC plus 25 days Annual Leave, Pension schemes, Staff discounts, healthcare and more.
The post holder will be fully involved in all aspects of the day to day management of the service, including line managing the relevant front line staff. You will lead and develop the skills of the team and will work closely with the contract manager to ensure that the service delivers on all targets.
- Lead and motivate your team to ensure the championing of and maintenance of a positive local culture within your service
- Deliver effective supervision and team meetings with staff
- Responsible for the personal development of staff, identifying high performers and feeding into the organisations succession plans
- Ensure that Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) required as part of the Contract are met and recorded correctly
- Develop key business relationships with all appropriate relevant customers/external parties to ensure service delivery excellence and maximise new business opportunities in own patch
- Participate in and monitor the initial and continuous assessment of needs and ensure that support planning is carried out in line with assessed needs of the customer
- Carry out other administrative tasks as relevant to the service and directed by the Contract/Operations Manager
- Deliver an out of hours on-call service for region, where required
- Ensure that all safeguarding cases are managed in line with safeguarding protocols and are reported to Contract / Operations Managers, as appropriate
- Ensure Look Ahead Health and Safety policies are adhered to at all times and to uphold all health and safety responsibilities within relevant policies and local protocols
- Adhere to all the policies and procedures of Look Ahead Care & Support plus those specific to the project including any statutory requirements
The Successful Candidate will;
Abilities and Skills
- The ability to inspire team work and a collaborative culture;
- The ability to motivate staff and Service Users to meet agreed goals;
- The ability to develop staff using a variety of methods including but not limited to mentoring, coaching, and training;
- The ability to provide high quality feedback and challenge to facilitate reflective practice and continuous service improvement;
- The ability to successfully and effectively manage change;
- Strong written and oral communication skills and ability to engage a range of stakeholders within and outside of the Service;
- Strong performance, budget, and business management skills - including the ability to contingency plan;
- Robust decision making skills.
Knowledge and Understanding
- Knowledge of innovative best and emerging practice in supported accommodation provision;
- Understanding of the challenges faced by frontline support workers and ability to offer staff welfare support;
- Understanding of and commitment to achieving best value;
- Understanding and knowledge of relevant workplace legislation and associated duties including but not limited to those relating to human resources and health and safety;
- Understanding and knowledge of relevant policies and procedures - such as performance and sickness management frameworks.
This is not an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time and is subject to change in accordance with the needs of