Recruiting a Team Leader to join our service in Kent!
£26,000 per annum, 40 hours per week plus 25 days Annual Leave, Pension schemes, Staff discounts, healthcare and more.
Kent Community Services comprise various schemes offering tenancy sustainment services to customers facing difficulties maintaining their accommodation or who need support with other challenges in their lives. Customers may have complex needs and require interaction and support for several months and our services include hostels, supported living schemes, mental health as well as a Housing First model.
Working within our Kent Homeless Connect services, the Team Leader will hold responsibility for ensuring that a holistic and cohesive model of customer support is embedded across all community based services. Look Ahead operates trauma and psychologically informed approaches, ensuring that our customers benefit from being supported through strengths-based practices.
The post holder will be fully involved in all aspects of the day to day management of their designated services, including line managing the relevant front-line staff. You will lead and develop competence of direct reports as well as carry caseloads of customers requiring support. You will work closely with the Service Manager to ensure that the service delivers on all targets, both financial and those around the quality of the services.
Community Services are currently delivered within the West and North Kent areas and frequent travel across those areas is required according to the demands of the post
- Successfully lead and motivate your team to ensure the championing of and maintenance of a positive local culture within your service.
- Work to continuously improve staff competence, ensure ownership of all your employee issues and speedy and effective conflict resolution
- Deliver effective supervision and team meetings with staff and ensure that information, reporting and communication flows up/down are effective
- Responsible for the personal development of staff, identifying high performers and feeding into the organisation's succession plans
- Ensure that Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) required as part of the Contracts are met and recorded correctly
- Develop key business relationships with all appropriate relevant customers/external parties to ensure service delivery excellence and maximise new business opportunities in own patch
- Work with manager to set targets and monitor performance of the tea
- Participate in and monitor the initial and continuous assessment of needs and ensure that support planning is carried out in line with assessed needs of the customer
- Plan and organise staffing and resources to ensure cost effectiveness and maximise positive outcomes for customers
- Working with your team deliver creative and ambitious customer involvement plans across the patch and ensure successful implementation
- Develop and maintain excellent internal relationships with all other Look Ahead departments and functions, ensuring sharing of best practice and supporting initiatives to improve organisational performance
- Within your service, ensure competent use of all relevant business IT systems and all company policies and frameworks
- Ensure that all safeguarding cases are managed in line with safeguarding protocols and are reported to Service / Operations Managers, as appropriate.
- Ensure Look Ahead Health and Safety policies are adhered to at all times and to uphold all health and safety responsibilities within relevant policies and local protocols
- Adhere to all other Look Ahead's policies and procedures
- Carry out other administrative and management duties as relevant to the service and as directed by the Service Manager
This is not an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time and is subject to change in accordance with the needs of Look Ahead.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- At least two years' experience of effectively managing and developing staff to ensure delivery of services performance targets
- Experience of delivering to community services' targets
- Experience of supporting homeless customers
- Full Driving Licence and access to use of a vehicle
- Other relevant professional memberships and/or specialist qualifications are desirable
- Knowledge of mental health services
For more information or to apply please visit our website.