Recruiting a Tenancy Sustainment Officer to join our Homelessness service in West Kent!
GBP 17,250 per annum plus 25 days Annual Leave, Pension schemes, Staff discounts, healthcare and more. This role is working 30 hours per week and the duration of this position is a 12 month fixed term contract.
Working within our MHCLG contract the Tenancy Sustainment Workers will provide support to customers who are assessed as having a complexity of needs to help them develop the life skills they require to meet those needs. They will work with customers to promote social inclusion and alongside other members of the team to promote independent living, encouraging customers to maximise their skills and choices.
Workers will hold a caseload of 15 people at one time, supporting individuals from referral when they are 'at risk' or rough sleeping, through to 6-12 months resettlement support. Day-to-day activities will include:
- Assessment of needs, identifying readiness to live independently and addressing any gaps in partnership with existing accommodation or local agencies.
- Engaging people with multiple and complex needs, understanding/identifying diagnosed/undiagnosed needs and ensuring people are linked with appropriate services.
- Building on partnerships with landlords to secure units: Ensuring needs and support package offered to individuals is shared and there is a route to raise concerns. Requesting additional units, building on successes.
- Transitional support including: ensuring accommodation is ready, using personal budgets and grants to provide furnishings where necessary; supporting housing benefit claims, ensuring payment is in place; setting up direct debits; providing clarity around additional payments and bills.
- Tenancy sustainment support: maintaining a positive living environment; addressing anti-social behaviour and isolation; support to address additional needs e.g. substance misuse.
Look Ahead operates trauma and psychologically informed approaches, ensuring that our customers benefit from being supported through strengths-based practices. Tenancy Sustainment Workers share responsibility by ensuring that a holistic and cohesive model of customer support is embedded across West Kent.
- Building supportive, trusting relationships with customers who may be living in their own accommodation or within other landlord's accommodation
- Working proactively with other members of the team to handle the service caseload and administrative responsibilities
- Supporting key customers to set personalised goals in the form of a Support Plan
- Conducting regular key work sessions that are innovative and engaging in order to achieve Support Plan goals
- Ensuring ongoing assessment and management of risks associated with customers within an attitude of 'positive risk taking'
- Providing support with daily living activities, including practical assistance where skills are not yet developed, to ensure that customers enjoy a high quality of accommodation
- Proactive development of links with local statutory and voluntary organizations to provide a range of engagement opportunities for customers in the community
- Involving customers in the design, development and delivery of the service
- Empowering customers to ensure they receive the service and benefits they are entitled to
- Encouraging and enabling tenants to pay their rent and ensure that rent accounts are managed
- Ensuring Look Ahead Health and Safety policies are adhered to at all time and to uphold all health and safety responsibilities within relevant policies and local protocols
- Adhering to all other Look Ahead's policies and procedures. Engaging in learning and development activity to increase knowledge and skills
- Engage positively in reflective practice sessions with colleagues
- Undertaking any other duties consistent with the grade and nature of the post as assigned by the Team Leader/ Manager
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- NVQ Level 2 or equivalent experience in the social care/charity sector
- Experience of working with customers who have substance misuse and/or mental health
- Full Driving Licence and access to use of vehicle
For Full JD, please visit the Look Ahead website.