Recruiting for a Tenancy Sustainment Worker to join our Service in Kent.
GBP 23,000 per annum plus 25 days Annual Leave, Pension schemes, Staff discounts, healthcare and more. This is based in Tunbridge Wells, Tonbridge and Sevenoaks working 40 hours per week. The shift pattern is 9am to 5pm (Monday to Friday).
Working within our Kent Homeless Connect contract the Tenancy Sustainment Workers will provide support to customers who are assessed as having a complexity of needs to help them develop the life skills they require to meet those needs. They will work with customers to promote social inclusion and alongside other members of the team to promote independent living, encouraging customers to maximise their skills and choices.
Look Ahead operates trauma and psychologically informed approaches, ensuring that our customers benefit from being supported through strengths-based practices. Tenancy Sustainment Workers share responsibility by ensuring that a holistic and cohesive model of customer support is embedded across West Kent.
- Building supportive, trusting relationships with customers who may be living in their own accommodation or within other landlord's accommodation
- Working proactively with other members of the team to handle the service caseload and administrative responsibilities
- Supporting key customers to set personalised goals in the form of a Support Plan
- Conducting regular key work sessions that are innovative and engaging in order to achieve Support Plan goals
- Ensuring ongoing assessment and management of risks associated with customers within an attitude of 'positive risk taking'
- Providing support with daily living activities, including practical assistance where skills are not yet developed, to ensure that customers enjoy a high quality of accommodation
- Proactive development of links with local statutory and voluntary organizations to provide a range of engagement opportunities for customers in the community
- Involving customers in the design, development and delivery of the service
- Empowering customers to ensure they receive the service and benefits they are entitled to
- Encouraging and enabling tenants to pay their rent and ensure that rent accounts are managed
- Ensuring Look Ahead Health and Safety policies are adhered to at all time and to uphold all health and safety responsibilities within relevant policies and local protocols
- Adhering to all other Look Ahead's policies and procedures. Engaging in learning and development activity to increase knowledge and skills
- Engage positively in reflective practice sessions with colleagues
- Undertaking any other duties consistent with the grade and nature of the post as assigned by the Team Leader/ Manager
This is not an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time and is subject to change in accordance with the needs of Look Ahead.
- Enjoys social interaction and the company of others, joins in local activities to encourage customer involvement
- Exudes a warm friendly presence and open behaviour
- Prefers working as part of a group or team
- Is fundamentally calm and resilient, does not let emotion adversely affect them or obscure their judgement
- Has a practical and logical mind and is naturally well organised
- Thrives on change and enjoys dynamic diverse environments
- Is confident with high levels of self-esteem
- Is respectful, articulate and sensitive in style of communication
- Is motivated towards excellence and improvement of personal performance with a can do attitude
- Ability to cope positively with challenging and diverse behaviour
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- NVQ Level 2 or equivalent experience in the social care/charity sector
- Experience of working with customers who have substance misuse and/or mental health
- Full Driving Licence and access to use of vehicle
Interviews will be taking place on 27th, 28th and 30th October 2020.
For the full job description, please visit the Look Ahead website.