Recruiting a Waking Night Specialist Behaviour Support Worker to join our Learning Disabilities service in Newham!
£16,874 per annum, 30 hours per week plus 25 days Annual Leave, Pension schemes, Staff discounts, healthcare and more.
Nimrod House is a 24 hour support service, with 5 self-contained flats, for individuals with learning disabilities. The flats are tailored to customers' complex needs, containing bespoke features and technology that minimise risk. The service works with families and clinicians as part of the NHS Transforming Care Agenda which integrates individuals back into the community, designs person centred support, promotes independence, skills and relationships to produce better quality of life.
Waking Night Specialist Behaviour Support Workers are responsible for the customer's emotional and psychological well being, as well as providing support to help them develop the life skills they require to meet the assessed needs. This will include providing physical, domestic, emotional and social care during night time. They will work with customers to promote social inclusion and alongside other members of the team to promote independent living and encouraging customers to maximise their skills and choices.
- You are liable to observing and monitoring the customer's behaviours, the duration, the intensity, and the damage, as well as factors that may alleviate or aggravate the behaviour
- You are responsible in planning appropriate intervention to modify and resolve the behaviour
- You require superb interpersonal and relationship skills and must have the capacity to handle psychologically behavioural changes
- You understand and collaborate with the different support organisations accessible in the community
- You exhibit a concrete basis in behavioural analysis
- You will have the ability and skill to present and feedback to other professionals in a formal settings
- Reports possible cases of abuse, neglect or endangerment appropriately
- Actively participates in the reviewing and the designing behavioural interventions plans.
- Implements behaviour support plans
- Measures goals and objectives of behaviour support plans to ensure they are being met
- Communicates with parents and care managers in regard to customer's progress in the absence of management
- Analyses the behavioural interventions to determine their success
- Assists customers in identifying inappropriate behaviours and develop better behaviour alternatives
- Assists newly recruited staff in facilitating behavioural interventions
- Maintains up to date accurate records of customer's, service being provided and behavioural data
- If a need arises, deliver all aspects of support to enable a customer to develop independent living skills as appropriate to the individual needs of the customer. In some services, this will include delivering personal and physical care as appropriate
- Support customers to undertake all domestic tasks wherever possible, including practical assistance where they have not yet developed the skills, to ensure customers enjoy a high quality of accommodation
- Participate in the support planning and risk management, as facilitated by the lead Support Worker
- Carry out security duties to ensure the safety of the customers and premises
- Monitor the CCTV throughout the night shift
- Enable customers to make full use of community facilities by providing support as directed
- Carry out support duties to enable customers to integrate into the community including e.g. accompanying the customer to attend benefit agency appointments and meetings, go shopping, to enquire at colleges about possible courses, to visit various public amenities
- Report any observations relating to customers welfare
- Adhere to all the policies and procedures of Look Ahead Care & Support plus those specific to the project including any statutory requirements
- Ensure Look Ahead Health and Safety policies and local protocols are adhered to at all times
- Maintain records as required at the project under the direction of the support workers/management
- Participate in team meetings/reviews and the general development of the service
- Undertake any other duties consistent with the grade and nature of the post as may be reasonably assigned
This is not an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time and is subject to change in accordance with the needs of Look Ahead.
For more information or to apply please visit our website.