Recruiting a Waking Night Specialist Behavioural Support Worker to join our Learning Disability service based in Hertfordshire!
GBP 15,101 per annum, 30 hours per week, 25 days Annual Leave, Pension schemes, Staff discounts, healthcare and more.
Birchall Wood is a Transforming Care Supported Living Service in Welwyn Garden City and will be the new home for a single female customer with severe learning disabilities and Autism, we are looking to build a staff team of Specialist Behavioural Support Workers (PBS approach) with an excellent value base to support the
customer to build their new life and develop their skills towards independence with personalised daily support.
Waking Night Behavioural Specialist Support Workers are responsible for ensuring continuity of a support service at night and for keeping customers and the building safe.
- Building a supportive, trusting relationship with the customer and creating a positive atmosphere;
- Supporting the customer in their preferred night time routine, including personal care and promoting good sleep hygiene;
- Supporting the customer to undertake activities in line with their preferences;
- Ensuring the customer's safety and wellbeing at night, providing emotional and practical support and reassurance as needed;
- Using positive behavioural support and Autism-specific approaches to manage any distress during night time hours;
- Working proactively with other members of the team to meet the needs of the customer and handle administrative responsibilities;
- Conducting key work sessions as required, that are innovative and engaging in order to achieve Support Plan goals;
- Ensuring ongoing assessment and management of risks associated with the customer within an attitude of 'positive risk taking';
- Ensuring appropriate handovers between shifts and documenting night time activity, including any incidents;
- Working in line with Look Ahead's lone working protocols and maintaining high levels of awareness in relation to the health and safety of yourself and colleagues
- Adhering to all other Look Ahead policies and procedures;
- Engaging in learning and development activity to increase knowledge and skills
- Ad-hoc domestic / cleaning duties;
- Working as part of a team with Look Ahead colleagues, the customer's family and external professionals;
- Undertaking any other duties consistent with the grade and nature of the post as assigned by the Team Leader/Manager
This is not an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time and is subject to change in accordance with the needs of Look Ahead.
If your application for this role is unsuccessful, but we feel that you would be suitable for another role, we may contact you to discuss alternative opportunities. If this occurs you would not need to submit another application for the alternative role.
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closed date.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion at work and are accredited with the Inclusive Employers Standard 2020. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds.