Recruiting for One Full time Waking Night Support Worker to join our Mental Health Service in Slough.
GBP 19,500 per annum (40 hours) plus 25 days Annual Leave Pension schemes, Staff discounts, healthcare and more.
Hope Place is a new supported accommodation service located in Slough comprising 11 self contained rooms with a staff office on site. The service will accommodate and support people who experience moderate to high complex mental illness, many of whom will also have a range of additional and complex needs, for example drug and alcohol misuse issues and personality disorders.
Hope Place will be opened in May and provide care and support for 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, including Bank Holidays. The service will be covered at night by designated Waking Night Staff. Support Workers will be required to work on a rota basis, covering early and late shifts, including at weekends and Bank Holidays. The service will have a focus on enabling and utilise residents' skills. Amongst other responsibilities, the successful candidates will support service users to acquire tenancy sustainment and budgeting skills, encourage and facilitate group activities, socialisation, opportunities for training and employment.
Night Support Workers enable people with particular needs to manage their tenancies and live independent lives of their choosing in the community. Night Support Workers are responsible for ensuring continuity of a support service at night and for keeping customers and the building safe.
- Building supportive, trusting relationships with customers and creating a positive atmosphere
- Working proactively with other members of the team to handle the service caseload and administrative responsibilities
- Conducting key work sessions as required, that are innovative and engaging in order to achieve Support Plan goals
- Ensuring ongoing assessment and management of risks associated with customers within an attitude of 'positive risk taking'
- Providing support with daily living activities, including practical assistance to support customers to independent living e.g. budgeting, cooking, establishing a night time routine
- Supporting customers to maintain a healthy environment and where appropriate assisting them to clean their accommodation and maintain good personal hygiene
- Assisting in the recording and reporting of customer incidents
- Managing customer referrals, completing assessments and obtaining and maintaining all relevant paperwork
- Developing productive relationships with partner organisations to improve service outcomes
- Adhering to lone working protocols and maintaining high levels of awareness in relation to the health and safety of yourself and colleagues
- Involving customers in the design, development and delivery of the service
- Encouraging and enabling tenants to pay their rent and avoid personal debt
- Ensuring Look Ahead Health and Safety policies and local protocols are adhered to at all times e.g. fire risk assessments, fire alarm checks etc
- Taking on shift leading responsibilities by coordinating and leading shifts in the absence of a manager
- Being responsible for the handover of key information between shifts
- Adhering to all other Look Ahead's policies and procedures
- Engaging in learning and development activity to increase knowledge and skills
- Undertaking any other duties consistent with the grade and nature of the post as assigned by the Team Leader/Manager
- Enjoys social interaction and the company of others, joins in local activities to encourage customer involvement
- Exudes a warm friendly presence and open behaviour
- Prefers working as part of a group or team
- Is fundamentally calm and resilient, does not let emotion adversely affect them or obscure their judgement
- Has a practical and logical mind and is naturally well organized
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- NVQ Level 2/3 or equivalent with little or some previous relevant sector work experience
For the full job description, please visit the Look Ahead website.
More about Look Ahead Care and Support
Refreshed on: 02 June 2020
Closed date: 15 June 2020
Job ref: REQ001819
Tags: Support Worker, Social Work