Recruiting for a Waking Night Support Worker to join our Service!
GBP 19,500 per annum, working 40 hours per week, plus 25 days Annual Leave, Pension schemes, Staff discounts, healthcare and more.
To enable vulnerable people with mental health needs to maximise independent living skills and opportunities for social inclusion as wells as manage their tenancies. To support customers developing the skills needed to move on to other appropriate accommodation with lower levels of support and greater levels of independence.
This is not an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time and is subject to change in accordance with the needs of Look Ahead.
-Undertake key-working responsibilities for a caseload assigned by the Team Leader/ Manager
-Undertake initial and continuous assessment of needs and potential risks and agree levels of support and actions
-Create support/action plans for providing appropriate services based on the assessment and reflecting the services and resources available
- Enjoys social interaction and the company of others, joins in local activities to encourage customer involvement
- Approachable and open behaviour
- Prefers working as part of a group or team but is able to work independently
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Practical understanding of mental health conditions and how they impact the life of those affected by them
- Excellent communication skills including a good command of spoken and written English in both formal and informal contexts
- Experience of working as part of a team
- Good command of MS Office, ability to use computer and learn new systems
- Experience working in mental health
- Experience working in supported living schemes
- Experience dealing with challenging behaviours
- NVQ Level 2/3 or equivalent or experience in the social care/charity sector