Recruiting a Young Persons Engagement Officer to join our Young Peoples service in Bracknell!
£18,000 per annum, working 32 hours per week, plus 25 days Annual Leave, Pension schemes, Staff discounts, healthcare and more.
Bracknell Young Peoples service supports 20 young people with a variety of support needs including mental health needs, substance misuse needs, offending histories and vulnerability. The service's customers are aged between 16 and 25 and receive support for up to two years. Referrals come via the Young Persons Resource Panel.
The post-holder will assess the employment, training and education (ETE) needs of tenants and support them to maximise their engagement with ETE providers in Bracknell. The post-holder will work to maximise the tenants' engagement within the Bracknell services, this will include organising training & life skill workshops, activities and leading on tenant meetings. The role will include a small element of fund raising to enable tenant activities. They will support staff in the development of their knowledge of ETE opportunities and maximum the use of the on site training facilities for use by tenants.
- To act as a resource for the team, making links with ETE providers to access opportunities for tenants as required
- To establish targeted job search facilities
- To establish and maintain up to date resource information on local opportunities
- To oversee the publication of a monthly newsletter with a strong focus on ETE
- To be the local contact with Look Ahead's Learning & Development Team and disseminate ETE information and opportunities to staff and tenants
- To meet with all new tenants during the first 2 weeks of their tenancy to establish a plan to support the tenant with their ETE support needs
- To ensure a high profile for provision of meaningful occupation activity within the service and ensure appropriate links
- To oversee the use of the Look Ahead Life skills fund across all services
- To establish and maintain an accessible database of ETE information
- To maintain statistics around tenant engagement and use of the training room
- To initiate and organise meetings, sessions or events to promote specific opportunities
- To provide support and advice for the staff team and to disseminate information on ETE resources
- To establish and maintain effective links with key organisations and to represent Look Ahead at external meetings as appropriate
- To link with other ETE activities across other Look Ahead services
- To establish and maintain links with local businesses and employer organisations to achieve opportunities for work placements for tenants
- To undertake fund raising as required for ETE projects
- To work with identified tenants on a 1 to 1 basis to deliver ETE advice
- To attend relevant internal / external meetings and contribute as and when required
- To facilitate tenant use of training courses and support them during that process
- The ability to be self servicing in terms of IT packages such as Word, Excel, Outlook is a requirement of the post
This is not an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time and is subject to change in accordance with the needs of Look Ahead.
- Enjoys social interaction and the company of others, joins in local activities to encourage tenant involvement
- Exudes a warm friendly presence and open behaviour
- Is fundamentally calm and resilient, does not let emotion adversely affect them or obscure their judgement
- Has a practical and logical mind and is naturally well organised
- Is confident with high levels of self-esteem
- Is respectful, articulate and sensitive in style of communication
- Is motivated towards excellence and improvement of personal performance with a can do attitude
- Ability to cope positively with challenging and diverse behaviour
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- IT skills and experience of working with Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience of working with young people
- Experience of working with ETE establishments
- Experience of fund raising
For more information or to apply please visit our website.