Recruiting for a Waking Night Support Worker to join our Mental Health Service in Hackney!
GBP 22,568 per annum working 40 hours per week, plus 25 days Annual Leave, Pension schemes, Staff discounts, healthcare and more.
Clarence Road is a CQC registered care home, which has a heavy focus on supporting customers with enduring mental health care and elderly needs. We provide 24hr high support to 15 customers both female and male. Our building is a purpose-built home on 3 floors, offering customers individual bedrooms and the use of shared communal facilities and gardens. The service is commissioned by East London Foundation Trust with the care contribution from London Borough of Hackney.
As a Waking Night Support Worker you will play an integral role in supporting our customers with continuity throughout the night to live in a safe living environment. You will also support customers with all aspects of their night time care including assisting with activities ranging from laundry, physical activities, hourly checks on welfare, managing finances and personal care where required.
This is not an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time and is subject to change in accordance with the needs of Look Ahead.
- Building supportive, trusting relationships with customers and creating a positive atmosphere in the home.
- Following lone working protocols and maintaining high levels of awareness to health and safety for self, colleagues and customers.
- Supporting customers to maintain a healthy and clean living environment, where appropriate, provide assistance to maintain their living areas are clean and safe from hazards.
- Providing support and assistance to customers overnight who may be experiencing difficulties with their own mental health and seeking appropriate support.
- Providing support with daily living activities including practical assistance to customers who may require this overnight.
- Support customers to undertake all domestic tasks wherever possible, including practical assistance where they have not yet developed the skills, to ensure customers enjoy a high quality of accommodation
- Enjoys social interaction and the company of others, joins in local activities to encourage customer involvement
- Approachable and open behaviour
- Prefers working as part of a group or team
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Up to NVQ Level 2/3 or equivalent or experience in the social care/charity sector
- Experience working in mental health
- Experience working in a CQC registered care setting
- Experience of delivering personal care / assistance.
For full job description please visit our Look Ahead Website.
More about Look Ahead Care and Support
Posted on: 20 August 2021
Closed date: 17 September 2021
Job ref: REQ002896
Tags: Support Worker