Job Title Trusts and Foundations Executive
Reporting to Head of Fundraising
Hours 35 a week
Salary £30,000 - £34,000 depending on experience
The Lord’s Taverners is the UK’s leading youth cricket and disability sports charity working alongside some of the highest profile celebrities from the world of sport and entertainment.
We are very proud of our work which aims to enhance the prospects of disadvantaged and disabled young people using cricket and other forms of sport and recreation to engage with them.
At Lord’s Taverners our mission is to achieve immediate and lasting change in the children’s lives. If you share our mission, are passionate about making it happen and strongly believe you can contribute, then join us and we'll give you every opportunity to succeed.
Main Purpose of the Role
To be part of a committed, passionate team that raises funds for the Lord’s Taverners, with specific responsibility for trust and statutory income; funding a wide variety of projects giving young people, particularly those with special needs, a sporting chance. This is an exciting time to join the charity as the Lord’s Taverners are investing heavily in programme expansion. You will be joining a passionate team in a great working environment, and there will be plenty of opportunity for you to develop your trust fundraising career.
To support the Head of Fundraising in:
- Devising, developing and implementing a programme to meet and exceed income targets from Trusts & Foundations.
- Researching, writing and monitoring applications for a broad range of trusts, foundations and other grant giving institutions, packaging programmes into innovative ‘asks’ that meet the criteria of the funder.
- Pro-actively developing relationships with Trusts & Foundations.
- Supporting the Head of Fundraising on day to day relationships with key trust and foundation funders, including working closely with Monitoring and Evaluation team on regular reporting of impact.
- Ensuring that the terms and conditions of all funding are complied with.
- Ensuring that all income is recorded, monitored and reported according to required deadlines.
- Building strong relationships with other teams within the organisation including the Charitable Programmes Team in order to understand the work of the Charity and thus build a case for support, Fundraising Team in relation to potential new sources of revenue, and the Impact Team in assessing the contribution Trusts and Foundations make and reporting back to them on the achievements made.
- In relation to the other Fundraising activity, provide support in relation to the Legacy and Major Donor schemes, and also where required provide research support to the rest of the Fundraising team.
We are looking for successful candidates to be able to demonstrate the following key skills:
- Experience of obtaining and managing significant partnerships with leading trusts and foundations including understanding their needs and developing highly personalised relationships.
- Experience of working with and servicing the needs of statutory bodies including government agencies in relation to significant funding partnerships.
- Excellent teamwork, communication and presentation skills; ability to be articulate.
- To always work to fundraising ‘best practice’ and legal requirements and have sound attention to detail
- Able to manage deadlines and priorities
- IT literate. Familiar with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and databases.
- Knowledge of the third sector and sporting landscape is helpful, but experience and acumen are also valued;
- Prepared to manage multiple projects concurrently and ‘muck in’ at events and other activities when required, often outside of contracted working hours
The Trusts and Foundations Executive will be an excellent writer, experienced at structuring persuasive cases for support. Driven and self-motivated, they will have a proven track record of successfully securing significant funding applications and experience of working with statutory funders. They will enjoy working autonomously and as part of a team and will be comfortable with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
They also have an innovative thought process and respond positively and creatively to new ideas. Outstanding relationship building skills, the ability to communicate complex messages to a wide-ranging audience, and an exceptional eye for detail are all essential. An ambitious and confident approach and the ability to quickly gain the respect of others will be critical to your success in this role.
Skills, experience and knowledge
Essential (E) Desirable (D)
Substantial proven experience working successfully in a fundraising position in the third sector, preferably with a focus on trusts/foundations and statutory sector income streams, securing 5-figure donations. (E)
Experience preparing fundraising applications, demonstrating fundraising success and excellent writing skills and close attention to detail in written tasks. (E)
Outstanding relationship builder and networker both internally and externally. (E)
Experience of managing relationships with trust and foundation donors. (E)
Demonstrable experience of maximising opportunities from researching prospects to generating meetings, and securing income to achieve targets. (E)
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (particularly Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and good, accurate typing skills. (E)
Excellent telephone manner and able to communicate effectively with a range of callers. (E)
A strong understanding of trust and foundation practices and principles. (E)
Good understanding of the Lord’s Taverners mission and activities. (D)
Essential (E) Desirable (D)
Highly self-motivated (E)
Tactful and assertive, with the ability to communicate at all levels in a complex environment. (E)
A high level of practical and organisational skills. (E)
Ability to work on your own initiative. (E)
Excellent interpersonal skills with proven ability to work collaboratively. (E)
Able to find pragmatic solutions, seek improvements, and adapt to changing situations. (E)
Able to present information, verbally and in writing, in a clear and concise manner, with excellent attention to detail. (E)
Positive “can do” attitude and willingness to support others where needed. (E)
Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment. (E)
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age
Closing date for applications is 20 February 2020.
Please ensure you have submitted your most up to date cover letter and CV when applying.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.