The Loughborough Junction Action Group (LJAG) is a hyper-local community action charity working in the Loughborough Junction area of south London. This forgotten neighbourhood sits between better-know Brixton and Camberwell but has its own distinct character. It is our vision to make Loughborough Junction a great place to live and work and our mission is to improve the environment of our area and the lives of the people who live and work here.
We run four successful projects: the Loughborough Farm, a community food growing space with outreach projects in the community; The Platform Café, a community café using surplus food to cook healthy vegetarian meals; the Grove Adventure Playground, an open access playground for children age six to 14 with some of the most adventurous structures in south London; and Craft Workshop tackling loneliness and isolation and passing on craft skills between the generations.
Our projects are supported principally from bids to trusts and foundations. We currently have the opportunity to develop an exciting fundraising strategy which will take us on to the next stage of our development. This will include improving our relationships with our existing funders; identifying new funding opportunities; exploring new sources of income such as increasing local giving and developing paid-for and commissioned services. We will also require some bid writing.
The fundraiser will be required to:
- work closely with the chair of trustees and the fundraising committee.
- develop a close relationship with the individual projects in order to understand their needs.
- develop a fundraising strategy to include a clear monitoring and evaluation framework.
- identify new funding opportunities
- write and advise on bids.
The ideal candidate will have:
- An enthusiasm and understanding of the benefits and needs of a hyper-local organisation.
- The ability to work with charity trustees, all of whom are volunteers.
- A successful record of raising funds.
- An understanding of the challenges facing our community.
We welcome applications from people who reflect the diversity of our community.
Fundraising and Development Manager
Salary: £32,000 a year pro rata.
Part-time contract for 2 days per week for a year.
To apply ; Please send CV and a covering letter explaining why you want to work with LJAG
Closing date Friday 18 September 2020.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.