Part-time Community Engagement Worker/Event Organiser
Thriving Fiveways, which is co-ordinated by Loughborough Junction Action Group (LJAG), is looking to appoint a part-time Community Engagement Worker/Events Organiser for 2 days a week to co-ordinate our new Community Living Room Project. We are excited to launch this new programme with funding from Lambeth council’s public health team which will run for a year in the former Vassall and Coldharbour wards.
Thriving Fiveways connects health professionals to the voluntary sector in the former Vassall and Coldharbour wards. Thriving Fiveways is part of the emerging “Thrivings” movement which is being developed and supported by the Neighbourhood Wellbeing Delivery Alliance, part of Lambeth Together, the Lambeth council and NHS initiative, and Public Health Lambeth.
Living Rooms use community spaces to provide ‘homely’ spaces for social and creative activities. The project will help residents run activities that the community wants and needs. Examples might include a cookery demonstration; a knitting or crochet group; a book discussion group; a drawing class; a parent/carer and toddler group; a father’s group. The idea is to animate our community spaces with activities which promote wellbeing, help people learn new skills, improve confidence, and promote a sense of community. The first task of the Community Engagement Worker/Events Organiser will be to work in partnership with the community to find out what people’s priorities are; investigate community spaces; and promote the project and its aims and objectives.
The Community Engagement Worker/Events Organiser will:
- Co-ordinate the Fiveways Community Living Room project.
- Work in partnership with local community organisations and, if needed, establish a Community Living Room working group.
- Establish a network of community spaces for the project.
- Promote the project and its aims and objectives in the community.
- Work with the community to design a programme of events and activities.
- Support and advise residents who may be running events for the first time on all aspects of event management.
- Publicise and promote events and activities.
- Risk assess all events and activities.
- Work to budget in conjunction with Thriving Fiveways.
- Develop monitoring, evaluation and impact framework in conjunction with Thriving Fiveways.
Pay and conditions
The Community Engagement Worker/Events Organiser will work flexibly for the equivalent of 2 days (14 hours) a week for £30,000 a year, pro rata, and will have a designated line manager. The contract is for 1 year with Loughborough Junction Action Group and could be extended if funding allows. The contract offers full employment rights including holiday pay and automatic pension enrolment.
The closing date is Monday 27 November 2023 at 12pm. You will be informed if you have been shortlisted by Friday 1 December and interviews will take place during the week beginning 4 December 2023.
LJAG welcomes applications from those with lived experience of the challenges facing residents living in Fiveways.