We are looking for a Head of Data & Research to lead the Research Team within in the newly formed Evidence, Advocacy & Campaigns (EAC) Group at Lumos. We are looking for an experienced professional with excellent research and management skills, who has the ambition to generate compelling evidence to transform childcare policy and practice around the world.
Lumos is an international children’s charity founded in 2005 by children’s author J.K. Rowling to end the harmful practice of institutionalisation of children. Lumos’ mission is to fight for every child’s right to a family by transforming care systems around the world. Our vision is for all children to grow up in safe and loving families.
The post-holder will report to the Global Director of Evidence, Advocacy & Campaigns and have line management of a small Research team. The new Head of Data & Research will play a crucial role in designing and leading pioneering research studies, delivering rigorous analysis and building a culture of evidence and learning.
Essential requirements: -
- Postgraduate degree or equivalent applied training in relevant discipline
- Significant applied research experience and advanced quantitative analysis skills with confidence in multivariate analysis and data science techniques
- Experience designing and implementing monitoring and evaluation systems, ensuring effective user engagement at all stages of the process
- Technical skills in designing effective data collection strategies, including sampling frames, survey instruments and standardised measures
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with experience conveying research findings effectively to policymakers and practitioners
- Strong leadership and management skills, with the ability to motivate and develop teams to deliver high quality and timely results
- Financial acumen and ability to manage budgets and projects
For full person spec download via Lumos website.
Our newly refurbished office is based in the City core of London with underground and mainline stations Monument, Cannon Street, Bank and London Bridge all within a 5min walk. Bike storage is also available. The local area offers a diverse range of amenities, cafés and restaurants with Leadenhall market, Borough market and the Royal Exchange located nearby.
- 30 days of paid holidays
- Enhanced maternity leave
- Life Assurance and Pension Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme, Season ticket loan scheme and Childcare Vouchers
- Dynamic, interesting environment
- Regular staff social events and activities
If you are committed to protecting and empowering the world’s most vulnerable children, join us.
To apply please upload your CV in Word format and a supporting statement highlighting how your skills and experience meet the person specification (two pages maximum).
Closing date: 15th November 2020 11:59
Interview w/c 23rd November
Lumos is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and criminal records checks where legally permitted.
Lumos is wholly committed to equality, diversity and inclusion and against all forms of discrimination.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.