Trust Fundraising Officer
About LUPUS UK
LUPUS UK is the only registered national charity supporting people affected by the autoimmune disease lupus and assisting those approaching a diagnosis. Many people know little about lupus but we are providing information, campaigning for greater awareness and understanding, investing in ground-breaking research and funding Specialist Lupus Nurses in hospitals across the UK. We’ll keep fighting until we live in a world where people with lupus can live full and active lives.
About the role
You’ll join LUPUS UK during an exciting time as the charity grows and begins to implement its new 5-year strategy.
You will take the lead in researching and identifying new fundraising opportunities from trusts, foundations and companies, producing high quality, bespoke proposals as well as cultivating fundraising relationships over the long-term.
You will also be able to explore and propose new fundraising opportunities and ideas with the potential to implement them within our small, flexible team.
What we are looking for
- Someone with previous experience of trusts and foundations fundraising and proposal writing, ideally within a medical charity.
- Working knowledge of the principles of trust fundraising, including identification, research, solicitation and stewardship of funders.
- A proven track record of delivering income against agreed targets and timescales.
- Excellent communication and networking skills, able to influence and persuade a wide range of stakeholders and facilitate strong relationships with people inside and outside the charity.
- Someone who is highly organised with a track record of successfully working to deadlines and prioritising tasks.
- Ability to be self-motivated, with a pro-active approach to problem solving.
- Able to display patience, resilience and optimism in the face of periodic pressure.
The closing date for applications is 1st September 2019. Interviews will take place in our Romford office during the week commencing 9th September 2019.
We are looking forward to hearing from all interested candidates, and to be considered for the position we strongly recommend submitting a short covering letter along with your CV, outlining why you are right for the role.