Bidding & Funding Manager
(M3) £39,880 - £42,821 a year
Fixed Term -2 years secondment
Full time 37 hours a week
About the job
This is an exciting opportunity to working collaboratively with relevant managers, prepare and co-to ordinate compelling bids using the Green Book methodology as appropriate for external funding from the full range of funding bodies.
Your research will provide funding advice to Council senior managers on the potential sources of external funding and support council services as appropriate with bids for external funding. The ability to develop and maintain an appropriate schedule detailing the various sources of funding to available to the Council is paramount and is key public and private sector partners. You’ll be great at identifying match funding opportunities from within Council budgets and develop business cases to secure funding programme-complaint match funding. Performance monitoring is crucial to provide timely feedback on advice and decisions received from funding bodies.
At a time where budget is key to the council following the impact of Covid-19, where competition for resources has increased.
Your flair and expert knowledge will lend to the preparation and promotion of compelling bids for funding and will have proven and substantial experience of successfully securing funding. As an expert, you’ll be able to identify the specialist input required to get results and strongly linked to economic development, regeneration and skills programmes. This may also include other areas of council service delivery. Evening and occasional weekend working will be required from time to time.
You’ll be educated to degree level, in a relevant qualification or equivalent substantial relevant, verifiable experience.
We offer a range of excellent staff benefits which include:
- generous holiday entitlement with the option to buy up to 20 days
- flexible working arrangements - we welcome requests for flexible working arrangements including part-time hours and alternative working patterns
- 24/7 independent Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- local government pension with generous employer contribution of 17.3%
- excellent support and development
- relocation package available up to £8,500 (subject to meeting eligibility criteria)
- half price season ticket on Thameslink train line
- discounted shopping including gym membership and Vauxhall cars
- Luton Council is proud to offer a Housing Brokerage Service for Key Workers to help and support eligible employees in finding suitable housing
Applicants for this public-facing post will need to demonstrate the ability to converse, and provide effective help or advice, fluently in spoken English.
Closing Date: 28/02/2021
Vacancy ID: LBC01964
Contact: Call the HR Services Team on 01582 54 6621 for any queries.