To help ensure our information is accessible and better represents the communities we are here to serve.
Are you looking to make a difference in the voluntary sector? Are you interested in learning new skills and developing your ideas? Perhaps you’re a graduate with a passion for information.
- Salary: Circa £19,000 per annum
- Location: Aylesbury head office and home based
- Contract: 1 year as part of the Time to Shine Leadership programme
- Hours: Full time, 35 hours per week
- Closing date: 12pm, Monday 25 January 2021
- Interviews: Thursday 28 January; Final interview 3 February (both via Zoom)
Lymphoma Action is the UK’s only charity dedicated to lymphoma, the UK’s fifth most common cancer. We’ve been providing in-depth, expert information and wide-ranging support for 35 years, helping thousands of people affected by lymphoma.
This role is key to helping us ensure our information is accessible and inclusive, and in broadening our reach to a wider reach of communities, in line with our new Diversity and Inclusion framework. From writing and editing different resources to researching and understanding key audiences, this role builds on what we have been doing to respond to the increased demand for information brought on by Covid-19. As the Accessible Information Co-ordinator, you will be supporting the full range of digital and printed information provision and ensuring it reaches the most vulnerable.
To be successful you will need to be:
- Highly organised and flexible with great attention to detail and the ability to work on multiple projects and with a range of communities.
- Resourceful and proactive as someone who enjoys working with a variety of different people and understands their needs.
- Focused with excellent IT and digital skills.
- Collaborative and innovative with great communication and writing/editorial skills.
This post is supported through the Time to Shine Leadership Programme in partnership with The Rank Foundation, The National Lottery Community fund and The Department of Digital, Culture, Media and Sport. As such there is a two-stage interview process with a final interview with the funder. The Time to Shine leadership programme is an integral part of this 12-month job opportunity with the successful candidate benefitting from a range of training opportunities.
As an inclusive organisation committed to equal opportunities, we welcome applications from all sections of society. We are also committed to supporting those who need to develop in the role in order to reach their full potential.
We encourage applications that will help increase the diversity of our workforce, welcoming applications from those with disabilities and from minority groups and from different backgrounds and experiences.
The closing date for applications is 12pm, Monday 25 January 2021
To Apply and for More Information:
If you would like to apply and find out more about this position, please click the apply button. You will be directed to our website where you can download the relevant information and complete your application.
Lymphoma Action, is a registered charity in England and Wales (1068395) and in Scotland (SC045850). We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from all sections of society.
No agencies please.