The Fundraising team raises private income for MSF field operations globally and to cover MSF’s administration costs in the UK. In 2019 we raised over £56 million, which included over £19 million from regular donations.
MSF UK’s fundraising strategy is focused on increasing the value of each supporter’s contribution by developing relationships with individual, corporate and trust supporters. These are vital to the future development of MSF’s medical, operational and financial contribution to our medical work.
Our goal is to build support and loyalty by bringing supporters closer to the people that MSF assists and the medical work that private donations make possible. MSF UK prides itself on the accessibility of the team to our supporters and the provision of excellent supporter care. This is central to the philosophy of the team and builds the foundation of long-lasting relationships with our supporters.
This role sits within the wider Fundraising Operations Team, a fast-paced team with a varied and busy workload. The post holder will be expected to manage their own tasks and prioritise where necessary.
MSF UK currently uses Microsoft Dynamics (NFP365) fundraising CRM system.
Working under the supervision of the CRM Manager, the CRM Officer will manage the day-to-day functioning of the CRM system to ensure an accurate working database for the rest of the fundraising team. The role will be responsible for regular data imports, reporting and performance analysis, system development work, as well as team training and user guide development and maintenance.
This is an exciting opportunity for a CRM Officer to join our Fundraising team. MSF UK have recently implemented Microsoft Dynamics and under the supervision of the CRM Manager, you will manage the day-to-day functioning of the system. The role is also responsible for providing performance analysis which feeds into MSF UK’s strategic decision making.
You will be joining a highly successful fundraising team who raised £56 million in 2019. We have an ambitious fundraising strategy and all communications to our supporters start with our CRM; it is therefore vital that the system functions to increase income and support future fundraising goals.
The CRM Officer needs to have a keen eye for detail, be well organised with a methodical approach and the ability to prioritise and multitask.
This role offers the opportunity to develop, learn and gain experience in the not-for-profit sector. So whether you’re looking for your next step up within charity CRM or want to make a move into the sector, we want to hear from you.
Please visit the MSF UK website for the full job description and person specification.
- Considerable experience of CRM database systems.
- Experience of using Scribe or another ETL tool.
- A systematic and organised approach with a proven ability to follow things through and meet regular deadlines.
- An excellent level of numeracy combined with accuracy and an attention to detail in the area of data processing.
- Demonstrable knowledge of Microsoft Excel to an intermediate level including the ability to produce and manipulate data to inform Fundraising activities.
- Experience of gathering data from various sources and producing reports.
- Confident interpersonal and negotiating skills with an ability to manage and build relationships with external suppliers, as well as with colleagues.
- Self-motivated, flexible and able to work without close supervision.
- Ability to manage and prioritise a busy workload amid conflicting demands.
- Flexibility to take on other related tasks combined with willingness to learn.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Commitment to the aims and values of Médecins Sans Frontières.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply on our website by submitting a copy of your CV together with a letter of motivation by the closing date: 26 January 2021.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.