HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT
The HR Function is responsible for attracting, selecting, developing and retaining high-quality medical and non-medical staff for MSF operations and for the MSF UK & Ireland offices. The department is in a period of transition in its structure to support an increased workload. Currently the department consists of 3 units and 19 UK based staff, and 6 team members based remotely in Ireland, Jordan and Tunisia.
The activities of the department focus on two main areas:
- Secondment of field staff to MSF's field operations worldwide. This includes on the sourcing of staff profiles required for field operations, active recruitment, selection, development, retention and all related administrative aspects. And this also involves management of the recruitment & career management function in Tunisia and Jordan as well as support for the Field HR function in Dublin.
- HR support for the MSF UK/IE offices in London and Dublin. This includes HR planning, recruitment, contracting, reward and benefits, staff development and retention, HR policy development, management support and all related administrative aspects.
In addition, the department plays an active role in the MSF Operational Centre Amsterdam (OCA) partnership of which MSF-UK is a member. Together with partner sections in Holland, Germany, and India MSF-UK is responsible for implementing the staff and support goals as defined in OCA's Strategic Plan. There is an international MSF HR community, where wider HR discussions take place and where the overall MSF HR agenda is set.
Supporting the HR Officers (Office and Learning & Development), the HR Administrator will play an integral role in providing general day-to-day HR support in the employee lifecycle from recruitment and selection, on-boarding, learning and development and off-boarding (leaving).
We are looking for passionate individual with administrative experience who might be looking for their first job in human resources or wants to develop their HR skills, knowledge and experiences.
- Exploring or started the journey towards CIPD membership/ qualification.
- Consistently works to a high degree of accuracy and excellent attention to detail.
- Effective organisation and administrative skills.
- Ability to work independently and under minimal supervision in a fast paced and demanding environment exercising good judgment and using own initiative.
- Ability to work supportively and effectively within and across teams and build good working relationships.
- Good interpersonal, networking and communication skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office packages.
- Commitment to the aims and values of MSF.
MSF UK is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to diversity and creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applications from all sections of our diverse community.
Please visit the MSF UK website for the full job description and to apply by the closing date: 3 October 2021, 11.59pm.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.