HR SERVICES TEAM
The HR Services team is the ‘engine room’ of the HR department and provides administrative support to include a highly variable and diverse list of activities including payroll, compensation and benefits alongside the management of HR data for both the Field HR and Office HR teams and wider HR related matters.
Working closely with the Payroll Administrator and outsourced payroll bureau the postholder will be responsible for ensuring that the two monthly payrolls (approximate total 300 staff) are accurate and processed correctly using two separate HRISs.
In addition, the postholder will be responsible for administering staff benefit schemes, liaising with scheme providers and acting as a first point of contact for all staff payroll, compensation and benefit queries. Other duties include the preparation and submission of key HR reports.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with Payroll Administrator to ensure the payroll input submission details all starters, leavers and changes in time for the payroll bureau to action
- Ensure all statutory deductions are processed in accordance with HMRC legislation
- Run all statistical reports to check accurate and update, where necessary. Provide clear instructions to the payroll bureau for preparation of payroll reports
- Check Hero (Field HRIS) and Office HRIS databases are updated and maintained with all staff information in a timely manner by generating regular and ad hoc reports, as required ensuring all staff information is updated on the databases prior to final approval and submission
- Work collaboratively with HR Manager (Services) when checking payroll reports from the payroll bureau to ensure all starters, leavers and changes have been processed correctly and compliant with government and audit requirements, prior to final approval
- Check standard letters related to payroll, produced by the Payroll Administrator are correct and written within the specified timeline
- Process the monthly pension upload files, ensuring monthly pension calculations are correct before, updating the financial broker of any changes
- Prepare and send reports from Hero to the Insurance providers; ensuring Field insurance enrolments are accurately processed and act as first point of contact for all queries
- Check reports from the Office HRIS to ensure HR Office insurance policies are accurate, and acting as first point of contact for all queries
- Collate key HR information, providing regular and ad-hoc statistics and reports to relevant persons, accurately and within the agreed timeframes
- Ensure Office Staff annual leave entitlement is accurate on HRISs
- Keep the headcount spreadsheet up to date monthly for statistical reports required for the Annual Trustee, Board and OCA reports
- Administer all staff benefits schemes including childcare vouchers, pensions, cycle to work scheme, loans and advances liaising with service providers. This includes arranging meetings, drafting standard letters to staff and inputting information into the relevant staff database, as appropriate
- Complete all National Statistic Surveys with the exception of the National Statistics Recruitment survey
- Support other team members by sharing knowledge of expertise, best practice and contributing to the training of new team members
- Actively contribute to the revision of internal HR processes and the harmonisation of the HR administration processes across the movement; updating process documents as necessary
- Develop relationships with all stakeholders in the payroll process, both external and internal
- Act as a first point for staff queries relating to payroll, compensation and benefits
- Be responsible for ensuring all the relevant documentation is maintained and compliant with General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and the annual Finance Audit.
- Provide training to new line managers and staff in the office on their responsibilities in the HR office database and acting as a first point of contact for all line manager queries
- Work as a full member of the MSF UK HR team, assisting with HR projects/ tasks, as required
Knowledge, skills and expertise
- Extensive experience of preparing and reviewing complex payrolls with a high volume of monthly changes, more than 300 staff (including reconciliation of data)
- Working knowledge of pension schemes with a variety of contribution styles
- Previous experience of working with a payroll bureau service
- Experience dealing with complex issues related to pay, benefits and terms and conditions
- Exceptional planning, organisational and prioritising skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, unpredictable and demanding environment with constantly shifting priorities
- Up to date knowledge of GDPR
- Demonstrative experience of working with HR Information Systems
- Good knowledge of employee benefits (childcare vouchers, GAYE, cycle scheme, loans) and legal requirement
- Excellent interpersonal, networking and communication skills
- Experience with a range of IT applications, including MS Office (Excel including VLOOKUPs) and database management
- Flexible in terms of time as job requires occasional overtime
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- An IPPM Foundation Level (or working towards this) or equivalent level of professional knowledge and expertise
- A good understanding of (UK) employment law
- Commitment to aims and values to Médecins Sans Frontières
Candidates must hold an appropriate passport or permit to work in the UK.
MSF UK is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to diversity and creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applications from all sections of our diverse community.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply on our website by submitting a copy of your CV together with a letter of motivation (please upload as one document) by the closing date: 8 September 2019.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.