The Fundraising Department generates all UK income for MSF field operations globally and is solely responsible for covering MSF’s operating costs in the UK. The Fundraising Department contains the Individual Giving, Major Gifts, Community and Events and the Supporter Care teams. Along with the Digital team they delivered an income of £68.2 million in 2020.
The Individual Giving Team is headed by the Head of Individual Giving. This Team is responsible for recruiting and developing our support from private individuals, raising 73% of MSF UK’s total income in 2020.
The Individual Giving Team actively raises funds from the public, recruiting and maintaining this support through direct marketing campaigns, created in partnership with professional agencies. The Individual Giving Team works very closely with the Communications and Digital teams.
Our goal is to build loyalty by bringing supporters closer to the people that MSF assists, and the medical action that private donations make possible. MSF UK prides itself on the accessibility of the Fundraising team to our supporters and the provision of excellent supporter care; this is central to the philosophy of the team.
To manage and develop MSF’s stewardship programme ensuring MSF donors receive excellent communications including managing thanking processes, building excellent relationships with third party suppliers and working in collaboration with other teams. Working with fulfilment and creative agencies to produce quality, bespoke content to ensure effective, innovative and personalised donor journeys across audiences.
Provide administration support to the legacy consultant, ensuring excellent care and quality communications for legacy pledgers.
Assisting the wider Individual Giving team in order to increase loyalty and income from MSF donors. This includes interviewing field staff, collation of fundraising content, operational support and learning the inner workings of a busy Individual Giving team by offering support on projects as needed.
Carry out weekly reporting and analysis across all campaigns, sharing results with the wider team to help improve insight across channels.
Summary of knowledge, skills and expertise
- Experience working in the UK charity sector, in a fundraising capacity, and/or direct marketing with responsibility for customer relationships.
- Self-starter who has the confidence to introduce ideas and provide support across a wide range of projects.
- Excellent planning skills with an ability to carry out different tasks simultaneously and prioritise time and resources accordingly.
- Experience in relationship management and liaising with external suppliers.
- Confident interpersonal skills with an ability to build relationships with internal and external contacts.
- Ability to maintain accuracy, combined with excellent attention to detail.
- Extensive time management skills with the ability to adapt and respond to the changing needs of a busy team.
- A systematic and organised approach with a proven ability to follow things through and meet targets in line with established schedules and deadline.
- Responsible attitude to dealing with sensitive and confidential information.
- Proven ability to work independently within a fast paced and demanding team environment exercising good judgment and using own initiative.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Commitment to the aims and values of Médecins Sans Frontières.
MSF UK/IE is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to diversity and creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applications from all sections of our diverse community.
Please visit our website for the full Job Description and Person Specification and to apply by the closing date: 30 January 2022, 11.59pm GMT.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.